Nomars slow Type R build

Are you still enjoying the car?
Indeed I am.....

Trying to figure out if I am just gonna replace the stock 20 in tires or get tires and wheels in 18's. New wheels and tires would be more expensive but tires would be cheaper to replace down the road and better ride quality.

That was going to be my next question. I heard that is the biggest complaint amongst owners is that those big wheels causes the ride to be really harsh

That was going to be my next question. I heard that is the biggest complaint amongst owners is that those big wheels causes the ride to be really harsh
I think it’s more of the rubber band tires causing the harsh ride. Only 30 tall.

245/30/20 for OEM tires.

Why would they do that in the first place? All the bros like it? Along with the red pinstriping/accents? :hiding:

anime-eye-sparkle.gif

The bigger wheels let out more heat and brake dust after you're done stomping the haters at stoplight showdowns!

AND THE RED ACCENTS LET THEM KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS--
TIME TO COLLECT THAT L, COURTESY OF HONDA MOTORS.

Hit 15,000 miles today. Took me 1.5 years. Not too shaby.....

never really thought of it but that seems pretty narrow for that car. i would have thought 255 at least. what size 18s do people usually run?
Stock wheels are 20x8.5. You can def run a 255/35/20 on there with no issues. I will prob buy a set of Firehawk Indy500 in that size. Saw a killer deal for $740 online.

If I were to go to an 18, it would be an 18x9.5 and run a 265/35/18.

Well, I got an expensive haircut today.

Went to the city to get my first haircut in almost 2 years. Then on my way home I got on a highway and didn’t know they were repaving the bridges. These bridges have a steel beam that runs the width of the road so the bridge attaches to the road. Didn’t notice that this beam was now sticking up out of the ground like an inch or more above the town up pavement.

So the front drivers side tire went boom boom. Blew out the side. Ended up waiting like 30 mins on the side of an on ramp that connected one highway to another major highway. Ended up getting towed home to the tune of $225.

Since my tires are getting low in tread depth I will be buying 4 tires. Which was on the plans to buy but maybe in another month or two.

91937651-9CB9-4FA6-B63B-594E16B15527.jpeg3EDC8F06-144D-4320-9CF9-98C4E5D3FE2D.jpegD7A72E87-2585-4861-8595-4F7409951A29.jpeg

AAA membership, definitely worth it for the tow coverage

At least it was just tires, when i saw metal sticking up and an expensive haircut i was worried you took out a oil pan or something

AAA membership, definitely worth it for the tow coverage

At least it was just tires, when i saw metal sticking up and an expensive haircut i was worried you took out a oil pan or something
Nah, but def getting the wheel checked out before I buy a set of new tires.

Back