North Carolina emission/safety inspection

GeoUCF14

Hello,
I currently have a 2015 Si sedan and would like to go supercharged, CT-e Kit with after cooler. My concern is, mainly those in North Carolina and specifically the Charlotte region, those that are supercharged, or turbo, how do you get around the annual inspection for emission/safety. I'm aware if no check engine light is on, and all OBD are functioning properly, it's a pass (technically). However, can they visually fail you and this kit is not carb exempt, what are my options? Do you take it to a 'standard' garage for your annual inspection, or do you have a 'specific' garage for guarantee it will pass; if so can you recommend one?
Thanks,
George

CT kit stage 1 was carb certified for the 2006-2011 civic. It's basically identical to the 2012+. You could contact CT to see if they have any ETA on the 9th gen carb cert.

I believe that in NC the visual inspection is for the exhaust side. So you basically have to have a cat and an exhaust. I don't think the visual inspection goes into the engine bay.

I don't have SC or turbo but I can ask around some of the people I know and see what they say.

Someone posted a thread that the CT S/C is not carb exempt for our cars.

Back