Not really new owner, but getting an Si upgrade PICS added

Ben Carpenter

Hello everyone. Not really a new Civic owner. Have had several including my most recent, a 2010 Civic 4dr daily driver.

Well wife and I have decided to trade the 2010 in for not only a newer Civic but an Si. Need some advise seeing that my selection is pretty broad in my area. There are several low mile 2013 Si and of coarse plenty of new 2014 Si out there.

We have children, four to be exact. So to many for any civic of coarse. But I will be hauling them around a little. Is there a huge difference between rear entry to back seats for children between coupe and sedan?

Any reason to spend the extra for the 2014 over the 2013?

Anything particular in features you guys wish you got when you purchased that I shouldnt pass on? Keep in mind every Civic ive had has been base.

Thanks for any input. Just trying to make the best choice for a new Si owner.

There are major differences between the 13's to 14's in tech/radio/touch screen, seats, new suspension, 18" wheels etc. Have you been in both to compare?

"Rear entry room"- are you referring to getting a kids seat in the back if a coupe versus a sedan? It's no comparison

I would get a13 sedan if you can save 1500$ or more. Don't go coupe, you will surely regret it with kids.

Yeah coupe isn't fun to put kids, and or car seats into. There are many,some minor, changes from 13-14 but I'd test drive both. Cause I'll say the 14 drive wise and features is way better. I'm not a fan of the auto brake on hills but it's not a bad thing, so yeah test drive both.

Also having kids the resist all for the interior might be a good idea, helps prevent stains. I'd also ask them to throw in a maintenance package. I asked them if they have something like that since Nissan, Toyota, ford, and like everyone else has it do they do it. I didn't get charged, but I did buy brand new, but I don't have to pay for anything including new tires, brakes, alignment, filters and of course basic stuff like oil changes, tire rotation, state inspections. Doesn't hurt to ask. They even threw in the paint protection.

Thanks for the responses. I only have drove a 13 coupe si and a subbie wrx. Didnt have a car seat with me so i could only look at back seats in coupem you varified what i thought about space.

Im going back tomorrow to look at the new model selection and test drive. From what i read on forums and online is both 13 and 14 are both first year redesigns. That seems weird to do that so quickly. It made me think something was wrong with 13 model they had to fix fast.

In general i dont by first year of a new design. But i dont want to go back to a 12 if possible. Any concerns with either being first year designs? You know, like they havnt worked bugs out.

Cheers

The redesign is because of the 12. I had one and had a bunch of issues with the engine, that's why I got to get a 14. I haven't heard the same issues with the 13 or 14, but I think the 14 feels and drives better.

The redesign was only the interior quality and the exterior styling along with thicker sway bars. Apart from that everything else is mechanically the same.

Pulled the trigger and picked her up today. 2014 Si..... Couldnt be happier. Shout out to Lindsey Honda of Columbus Ohio. Killer deal after a few days of back and forth.

Its all stock at this point. Dealer had windiws tented, very nice upgrade im.

a>
90d388ec43537eb7ac47da0863f6374a
90d388ec43537eb7ac47da0863f6374a

Attachments

• 20140820_164325.jpg
    20140820_164325.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20140820_164238.jpg
    20140820_164238.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Congratulations on your new ride! I think you made the right choice regarding the sedan over the coupe (I am a coupe owner). It really is a hassle to have more than 1 passenger in the coupes the room is minimal. Also regarding the 14 i love all the tech that comes with it. I hope you enjoy your new ride!

Love the color =)

Back