Official Computer Talk Thread

I don't have any plans tomorrow evening so I think that's when I'll mess with it as long as the items arrive before then which they hopefully should.

So..... the liquid thermal has not arrived yet... So not doing it tonight :(

Got the new thermal paste on my PC and it knocked temperatures down from the 80-85C range to 70-75C. Much better but still gonna want to think about doing a new build in the future where I can do some water cooling in ITX.

**** you Amazon! :bananapoke::popcorn:

I'm complaining to them. Don't list it as 2 days if FedEx can't come through!

**** you Amazon! :bananapoke::popcorn:

I'm complaining to them. Don't list it as 2 days if FedEx can't come through!

I would say the blame lies with FedEx. They've lost around 4 or 5 packages of ours since the pandemic started. One order from back in March just showed up to our old place. We've long since been refunded, so the new folks living there got some free shampoo and a couple other small items. Another item was a table for our entry way from Target. It would alternate between "In transit" and "out for delivery". Again, got refunded after 3 weeks and then it showed up a month later. Kind of a PITA, but hey, we got some free shiz for our trouble.

Definitely complain though. Amazon used to be damn good at Customer Support. It's not as great as it used to be, (I used to get a free month of Prime anytime something was late) but they'll still usually break you off a little somethin' if stuff like that happens.

If it doesn't get delivered today then I'll contact them but it says it should be delivered before the end of the day.

Hard Coded Back Doors Found In Intel Leak

Intel suffered a massive data breach earlier this year and as of today the first associated data has begun being released. Some users are reporting finding hard coded back doors in the intel code.

Some of the contents of this first release:

- Intel ME Bringup guides + (flash) tooling + samples for various platforms
- Kabylake (Purley Platform) BIOS Reference Code and Sample Code + Initialization code (some of it as exported git repos with full history)
- Intel CEFDK (Consumer Electronics Firmware Development Kit (Bootloader stuff)) SOURCES
- Silicon / FSP source code packages for various platforms
- Various Intel Development and Debugging Tools - Simics Simulation for Rocket Lake S and potentially other platforms
- Various roadmaps and other documents
- Binaries for Camera drivers Intel made for SpaceX
- Schematics, Docs, Tools + Firmware for the unreleased Tiger Lake platform - (very horrible) Kabylake FDK training videos
- Intel Trace Hub + decoder files for various Intel ME versions
- Elkhart Lake Silicon Reference and Platform Sample Code
- Some Verilog stuff for various Xeon Platforms, unsure what it is exactly.
- Debug BIOS/TXE builds for various Platforms
- Bootguard SDK (encrypted zip)
- Intel Snowridge / Snowfish Process Simulator ADK - Various schematics
- Intel Marketing Material Templates (InDesign)
- Lots of other things

View: https://twitter.com/deletescape/status/1291405688204402689

Hard Coded Back Doors Found In Intel Leak

Intel suffered a massive data breach earlier this year and as of today the first associated data has begun being released. Some users are reporting finding hard coded back doors in the intel code.

Some of the contents of this first release:

- Intel ME Bringup guides + (flash) tooling + samples for various platforms
- Kabylake (Purley Platform) BIOS Reference Code and Sample Code + Initialization code (some of it as exported git repos with full history)
- Intel CEFDK (Consumer Electronics Firmware Development Kit (Bootloader stuff)) SOURCES
- Silicon / FSP source code packages for various platforms
- Various Intel Development and Debugging Tools - Simics Simulation for Rocket Lake S and potentially other platforms
- Various roadmaps and other documents
- Binaries for Camera drivers Intel made for SpaceX
- Schematics, Docs, Tools + Firmware for the unreleased Tiger Lake platform - (very horrible) Kabylake FDK training videos
- Intel Trace Hub + decoder files for various Intel ME versions
- Elkhart Lake Silicon Reference and Platform Sample Code
- Some Verilog stuff for various Xeon Platforms, unsure what it is exactly.
- Debug BIOS/TXE builds for various Platforms
- Bootguard SDK (encrypted zip)
- Intel Snowridge / Snowfish Process Simulator ADK - Various schematics
- Intel Marketing Material Templates (InDesign)
- Lots of other things

View: https://twitter.com/deletescape/status/1291405688204402689

Wow... Just wow. Super scary. If there was ever a time that I'm glad I switched to Red Team for my daily, now is that time. Now just to migrate the rest of my infrastructure over.

they've changed their logo over the years. It was green in like the 90's

Oh yeah now I remember the Green!

AMD Athlon II X4 is what I had and maybe one other (Phenom of some sort).

My i7 4790k is now delidded. I haven't tested it yet as some friends wanted to play a few rounds of Call of Duty before they go to bed. So I'm using my secondary PC for that right now :)

Will you be reinstalling it Wednesday to do some testing?

I'm not sure about tonight since I have a few things to do after work. Tomorrow will probably be better as I don't have any places after dinner.

I'm not sure about tonight since I have a few things to do after work. Tomorrow will probably be better as I don't have any places after dinner.

Is something broken, or did you get rid of the STi as your profile pic? :eek:

upload_2020-8-12_7-41-49.png

Is something broken, or did you get rid of the STi as your profile pic? :eek:

:hiding: Damn you don't miss anything. Nothing is broken. I removed the profile pic/avatar but don't have one to replace it.

I sold the STi so didn't want the profile pic anymore lol

Back