Official Computer Talk Thread

Request sent. I like your avatar on Origin. If you get my drift.;)

What program do you use to control your GPU and CPU temps? I was using Afterburner last night when playing Far Cry 4 and GPU temp was at 80 Celsius. Something is not right with the cooling in my case. I need to fix my cable management and maybe buy 2 fans for the top of the case. The stock fans that came in the case they are barely blowing any air.:think:

I use Open Hardware Monitor ( http://openhardwaremonitor.org/ ) which monitors CPU/GPU temps along with case fan speeds.

What brand card do you have? I forget/too lazy to search. I have an EVGA card and use Precision X to adjust fan speeds. You can set a custom fan profile which will raise the fan speed up when the card gets to a certain temp.

EVGA GTX 980. At idle is at 32 celsius which is normal and when browsing web and watching YT it's around 40 celsius also normal. I will check that program later tonight.

Yeah check out that program. I should be on the PC later so if you see me online hit me up via Origin.

I probably won't play BF4 until Thursday. I usually play on console, AC Unity or GTA 5. Drive around the city kill random people then stop by at the local strip joint and enjoy the show.;)

You don't have to play BF4.. You can chat with me on Origin. lol

You want to chat with me huh?:bananapoke: I might be on after 10PM.:beer:

v6cXps2.jpg

So I tried to play BF4, but it opens battlefield website and it's asking me if I want to play Single or multi-player mode. Is this going to happen every single time?:hyper:

So I tried to play BF4, but it opens battlefield website and it's asking me if I want to play Single or multi-player mode. Is this going to happen every single time?:hyper:

No clue. I don't play single player nor do I know anyone that does... Sorry.

NVM I guess I have to go to the battlefield website everytime I want to play online to find a match. Again playing BF4 my gpu temp was 75 celsius. :( Something is not right

Attachments

• 20141125_124328_HDR.jpg
    20141125_124328_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20141125_124340_HDR.jpg
    20141125_124340_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
But do you have to go to battlefield website every time when you want to play on-line? I have already downloaded BF4 and every time it sends me to their website. I have the same problem http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...play-battlefield-4s-single-player-about-that/
Yes.
NVM I guess I have to go to the battlefield website everytime I want to play online to find a match. Again playing BF4 my gpu temp was 75 celsius. :( Something is not right
Yeah you have to go into Battlelog to play multiplayer.

75C isn't bad. Did you download Precision X or whatever software you card came with?

I believe the max temp (out of the box settings) is 79C for my GTX 770. I lowered the options for it to not go above 70C.

I actually ordered two fans 140MM to install them on the top of the case for intake. Also GPU fan is set to auto and a lot of people recommend to set it to manual and have 75-80% fan speed to keep the temps low. I uploaded two pics of my case few posts above. Can you check if I need to make any changes to my cable management?

During the Thanksgiving week I will play with the settings and see what happens.

I use my top for exhaust. I have the h100i CPU cooler pushing hot air out the top.

Your cable management doesn't look bad but the 24 pin cable could be run out the bottom, along the backside of the case and then to the 24-pin port.

Other than that it doesn't look bad.

Back