Official Computer Talk Thread

do you have the ability to add a reservoir with additional fluid so that you have more volume?

do you have the ability to add a reservoir with additional fluid so that you have more volume?

I'm sure you could modify the h100i to have that ability but that's not for me.

@bootyluvr Is the spike in temp recent? could the pump be failing and that's causing the temps to peak?

It seems like the last 1-2 months it's been spiking in temp. Before while playing BF4 I'd get between 60-70C (full load) but now it's about 10C (or so) higher (80C max)

That's what I'm thinking... Pump might be going up. Might start a Cosair support ticket. The h100i GTX is almost 1 year old (bought it before Thanksgiving last year)

I would start a ticket with them then, it seems unreasonable to have a jump in temp, especially on a game that hasn't really been given any new updates that would push the cpu harder than it was before.

I would start a ticket with them then, it seems unreasonable to have a jump in temp, especially on a game that hasn't really been given any new updates that would push the cpu harder than it was before.

Yeah I'm starting a support ticket. Just launched BF4 and went to the eGO server and here are my temps.... :eek:

CPU temps.JPG

86C I hit. :mad:

looks like a HUGE case

technically its a mid tower, but had to have something that I didn't have to look at the ugly power supply, had lots of HD storage and do a decent sized water loop. altho right now I'm only running a block on my 4930K, MB and a single GTX1080, a single 360mm rad would be plenty.... its funny tho,m as far as wasting money, I waste way more on my PC than both my vehicles put together.... altho after buying a flashpro, that may change.... only time will tell... :)

My 4 GB GTX 680 FTW+ playing Witcher 3 on Ultra settings can only run between 25-35 fps. Time to upgrade video card.

what cards are you considering?

Nothing yet. Just goofing off with the newer game and noticing it's quite taxing. Going on 5 years since building this machine. It's starting to show some age on parts. RAM DIMMs going bad, video card not being able to keep up, couple of bad ports on the motherboard.

Turned down a couple of the settings and I'll see how this thing runs. But, going full on with Ultra on everything, I've finally seen performance slowing down.

So, Witcher makes the CPU run at 50C, my video card at 82C. Hmm.

Have a buddy who offered his 780 Ti for $100. I have a 4GB 680 FTW+. His card has more processing cores, I have more RAM, and clock speed. Overall, his card is better but only marginally. Might look at something like 980 as I don't need to jump to 1080.

What's going on with Radeon cards?

When I built my pc in March I bought a r9 380 4g and haven't had any issues. Granted I'm only using a 1080 60hz monitor and most of the games I have aren't graphics intensive.

Back