Official Computer Talk Thread

My lady requested the “same keyboard as you. I like it.” Then she mentioned one of those keyboards with rainbow lighting. Then she asked how much the keyboard was.

Needless to say, the Das Keyboard will be going back and an RGB membrane keyboard is inbound.

She doesn’t need to know what the rest of the parts cost for the other computer and the upgrades to her future machine.......

so you currently use a das keyboard? Getting a rbg das to swap or another brand?

so you currently use a das keyboard? Getting a rbg das to swap or another brand?

Lol. Yes. I’ve been using it for several years now. I love it.

I’m gonna look at something cheaper. I’m in trouble for spending too much on all the computer stuff. She’ll forget about it though in no time.

$135 for the Das 4 to $200 for the RGB version is in the wrong direction.

he's being nice and building her a setup

Mmmhmmm lol

I’ve talked to her about it. She said it’s your thing, your money. But when it came to upgrading her rig, she didn’t want me to spend anything.

You guys are basically married. It's not your money, it's our (both of your) money lol

That's nice she didn't want you to spend money to upgrade her rig.

my wife and i have separate checking and savings and a joint savings, we take care of all the bills with joint savings and then she can do whatever she wants with her money and i can do whatever i want with mine

Thats dangerous. My wife uses her credit card but never pays it. When she does she uses our line of credit, which lowers the interest rate but its still debt.

Says the man with separate bank accounts :confused:

:hiding: Putting my business out there. :giggle:

my wife and i have separate checking and savings and a joint savings, we take care of all the bills with joint savings and then she can do whatever she wants with her money and i can do whatever i want with mine

Wife uses X bank
I use Y & Z bank
Wife's names are on my accounts (but she doesn't have a debit/credit card to any of those accounts)
My name is on my wife's accounts (but I don't have a debit/credit card to any of those accounts)

I pay a,b,c,d and she pays e, f, g, h

Thats dangerous. My wife uses her credit card but never pays it. When she does she uses our line of credit, which lowers the interest rate but its still debt.

Yeah... I couldn't be with a woman like that. Glad my wife isn't like that.

:hiding: Putting my business out there. :giggle:

there are more than just these :wavey:

Why?

Its our money. I make more and get more back but it goes into her bank account. Well we have separate accounts. My name is on hers and hers is on mine.

I'm lucky to have a woman that's great with money like me. (Thrifty/saver)

Negative. We don't have joint bank accounts.

But isn't it whatever is hers is hers and whatever is yours is hers? :giggle: :hiding:

My wife and I have separate accounts. Her names are on all my accounts and vice versa but she doesn't have a debit/bank card to any of my accounts nor do I for hers.

:giggle: But she pays for it so it's not mine. My name isn't on it. We don't have joint bank accounts. ;) Gotcha.

And we got married in 2012. She bought the Legacy in 2017 so.... I was already married to her when she got it.

Well, that took a lot longer than expected. Holy cow.

what did you do?
I put the rig together for my lady and ran into a myriad of issues from lack of SATA power connectors due to AIO, to missing USB2.0 headers on the mobo for the AIO, and boot problems. It’s up and running now with “pretty rainbow lights”.

Back