Official Computer Talk Thread

I’m in the process of building a new desk. The shelf space that I can get on it is about 12”. I’d like to put the computers on shelves to keep them off the desktop surface. This happens to be about as good as you can get for fitting on that size shelf.

Other ITX cases that are near this height tend to be just as expensive if no more so. The others are typically about 12 inches tall but that would leave no headroom for airflow. This one comes in at 10” and therefore a couple inches for air to flow between the shelves.

The final piece to my computer build has been acquired and hopefully is inbound quickly.

I installed new tires and brakes on a co workers car yesterday in exchange for some computer parts. I know for sure im getting an aio. I can't wait until all the new graphics cards and cpus are in stock ( maybe ) so I can finally buy some discounted parts. Decided to go with a rtx 2060 and ryzen3600 when ever they drop in price and come back in stock. Or find them for sale used for a decent price.

thats what i figured, his work is great

The graphics card cables were a smidge too short so they were tough to install. That’s my only complaint but that be my fault in specifying graphics card. The best cable is that 24-pin cable. Makes life so much easier.

Ugh. Need to flash the bios to accept the Zen3 processor. Guess I’ll do that tomorrow.

Those small cases are cool but I could never use one. Installation/Wire management would kill me.

my rig is sitting in the corner looking sad, moved into the new house this weekend and its going to be awhile before my office is setup

Back