Official Computer Talk Thread

My office remodel recommences here this week. The new desk is the last piece. The desktop was getting stain and polyurethane over the weekend.

1.5” thick oak butcher block. Desk is gonna be 9’x9’ L-shaped desk. It’s gonna be a tank.
3CFAEC42-0C92-4406-8DE8-68759B7C09F2.jpeg

My office remodel recommences here this week. The new desk is the last piece. The desktop was getting stain and polyurethane over the weekend.

1.5” thick oak butcher block. Desk is gonna be 9’x9’ L-shaped desk. It’s gonna be a tank.
View attachment 62241
Are we in Australia? It's upside down lol

do you use that for gaming? I was thinking you used a xbox controller?
I only use an xbox one controller for racing games (Forza, DiRT Rally, ect), sports games (Madden, NHL, ect) and Rocket League.

First person shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, ect) I use mouse/keyboard

I take it you think FPS is easier with keyboard/mouse? or is there a reason for that?

I take it you think FPS is easier with keyboard/mouse? or is there a reason for that?
I've just been playing FPS for years with keyboard/mouse and I've tried to use the controller but it's much harder for me.

As a former console player it took some time to get used to M/K for FPS, but once I did it's hard to go back. Movement and control is just so much more precise with m/k.

I've just been playing FPS for years with keyboard/mouse and I've tried to use the controller but it's much harder for me.
I swap back and forth every once in a while. Biggest issue for me is trying to play games with all my console friends. Crossplay is nice but the hacking on the PC side needs to stop.

I can't wait till all these new graphics cards are in stock and all these damn scalpers stop making money.

I keep seeing 2080s asking as much as a 3070 on marketplace

I can't wait till all these new graphics cards are in stock and all these damn scalpers stop making money.

I keep seeing 2080s asking as much as a 3070 on marketplace
NewEgg typically drops supplies at 4:00 (7:00 EDT). They drop them in combos with other parts. So if you want ram, a motherboard, etc. with your graphics card you’re good to go. Unfortunately NewEgg won’t allow partial bundle returns like they did a few weeks ago.

NewEgg Twitter tells the time. Best Buy has been pretty good with drops too.

Also, Falcodrin streams on YouTube, Twitch, Discord will alert for product.

NewEgg typically drops supplies at 4:00 (7:00 EDT). They drop them in combos with other parts. So if you want ram, a motherboard, etc. with your graphics card you’re good to go. Unfortunately NewEgg won’t allow partial bundle returns like they did a few weeks ago.

NewEgg Twitter tells the time. Best Buy has been pretty good with drops too.

Also, Falcodrin streams on YouTube, Twitch, Discord will alert for product.
im not in dire need of anything at the moment. i can wait. i think im going to buy my coworkers 1080ti when he finally gets a 3080. i also plan on getting a 5600x when ever they're available. then i'll start an itx build.

Back