Official Computer Talk Thread

ive started wondering with the scarecity of the consoles, how its impacting the games market when no one has the console to buy the new games
Requeued 3 times and same thing. Bots got Sony.

im coming up on needing to upgrade my home desk monitors, currently using 2 Dell S2340m screens, used to be 3 but one started flickering and turned green years ago, another one just started flickering. I want to go ~27in 4k dual screens, something i can put on adjustable mounts for ergonomics, any suggestions? gaming spec isnt a priority

im coming up on needing to upgrade my home desk monitors, currently using 2 Dell S2340m screens, used to be 3 but one started flickering and turned green years ago, another one just started flickering. I want to go ~27in 4k dual screens, something i can put on adjustable mounts for ergonomics, any suggestions? gaming spec isnt a priority

I used to have 2 of those Dell's. I loved the thin bezel.

Two cents:
I haven't owned 4K monitors yet, but I would think that 4K resolution on a 27" monitor could be a huge eye strain. I have 1440p on my 27's and I wouldn't go any smaller.
If you game on your PC, two 4K monitors is going to drop your frame rates quite a bit.

its a workstation more than anything, word processing, powerpoint, reading occasionally messing with photos

how do you feel about one 4k tv as your monitor? Such as a 40 some inch 4k tv? They're super nice for dealing with numerous windows, video editing, etc

i guess i could do it, never really considered it before because im so accustomed to the multi monitor research/writing process

@bootyluvr - for the impossible. I could use an assist in acquiring a 3080/3090 or 6800XT/6900XT card for a VR setup. Signing up for the shuffles again. Don’t know what’s out there and the drop times anymore.

@bootyluvr - for the impossible. I could use an assist in acquiring a 3080/3090 or 6800XT/6900XT card for a VR setup. Signing up for the shuffles again. Don’t know what’s out there and the drop times anymore.
Just got a 6900XT reference not too long ago. Few weeks ago. Should have told me.

I'm on my 30-day cool down from MicroCenter until 11/8.

I'll keep an eye out. Brand/Model? Preference.

Back