Official Computer Talk Thread

i assumed it was more like a finish it yourself, we did 85% of the work, you can finish building it

Nope. The lower the % the less keys you get. Like no function keys. no top number keys. ect

Can't believe you've never heard of the other types of keyboards.

as far as computing goes, im pretty much a basic white *****, i use a macbook pro for my personal computer, work issued HP Elitebook for that, and it all plugs into my home workstation with a logitech mx keyboard and mouse

and if i could convince the hospital to issue me a macbook pro i would

as far as computing goes, im pretty much a basic white *****, i use a macbook pro for my personal computer, work issued HP Elitebook for that, and it all plugs into my home workstation with a logitech mx keyboard and mouse

Boring.. :yawn:

I have a 10 year old MX Anywhere mouse

Any decent “Budget” Laptop recommendations? Need something to data log with. Was thinking Lenovo IdeaPad 3? Used a MacBook Pro and Parallels in the past but that thing died a couple years ago.

Yup we switched to Lenovo a few years back. Well it's been a while now. No major issues.

What's "budget"? Like $300? I can see Stilletto being cheap.
Like $500. I don’t even think you can get anything but a Chromebook for $300. Micro’s got some refurbished IdeaPad 5’s for around that.

Like $500. I don’t even think you can get anything but a Chromebook for $300. Micro’s got some refurbished IdeaPad 5’s for around that.

Too bad you aren't local.. Buddy is selling these for $500/each

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 - 15IIL05
10th Gen i7 // 16GB RAM // 1TB SSD // Touch Screen // Windows 10 Pro 21H2 Installed // Charger included
Condition: Like New/Mint

LG Gram - 15Z95N
11th Gen Intel i5-1135G7 // 16GB RAM // 500GB SSD // Windows 10 Pro 21H2 Installed // Comes included
Condition: Like New/Mint

Nvidia will end up killing off others if this trend continues

Facebook & Instagram Being Sued For Tracking All Keyboard Inputs Including Passwords & Credit Card Data

In August, it was revealed that with the Facebook and Instagram apps, Meta can track all of a user's key taps, keyboard inputs, and more, when using the in-app browser. When a user clicks on a link on Instagram, for example, Meta can monitor their interactions, text selections, and even text input, such as passwords and private credit card details within that website.

This practice of tracking users is a direct violation of Apple's App Tracking Transparency (ATT) policy, which requires apps to ask for user consent before tracking them across apps and websites owned by other companies. Filed on Wednesday in San Francisco federal court, a new lawsuit accuses Meta of this violation, as reported by Bloomberg Law. The proposed class action lawsuit accuses Meta of violating Apple's ATT framework and state and federal laws by collecting user data without user consent within its Facebook and Instagram apps.

In most apps on the iPhone, developers use Apple's Safari to open links within their apps. Meta, however, has developed a custom-made in-app browser based on Apple's WebKit framework for Instagram and Facebook. Meta's browser allows it to inject a tracking JavaScript code named "Meta Pixel" into all links and websites shown. The lawsuit accuses Meta of using the in-app browser on Facebook and Instagram as a way to circumvent rules enforced by Apple to prevent unwanted tracking of users. "This allows Meta to intercept, monitor, and record its users' interactions and communications with third parties, providing data to Meta that it aggregates, analyzes, and uses to boost its advertising revenue," the lawsuit says, according to Bloomberg Law.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...sers-despite-apples-privacy-features.2361333/
https://www.macrumors.com/2022/08/10/instagram-tracking-users-in-app-browser/
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/priva...kirting-apple-privacy-rules-to-snoop-on-users

Back