Official Gun Thread

Anyone got a glock 43?
Have a Glock 23 .40cal........ (9mm just p-ss ppl off). For a small carry I choose a hammerless 5 shot revolver .357 magnum........ No fiddling(safeties an such), best safety is don't put your finger on the trigger, but keep it in a holster that keeps the trigger protected.
Ruger w/red laser.

I usually carry a Taurus 85, but I have been looking at the glock 43, I also often carry a 9mm xd
The 43 looks like a nice weapon, every Glock I've fired are nice at hitting the mark....... I just think they need to magnum size some of these weapons .380 & 9mm pistols will be the future when they manufacture them for magnum rounds.

Yes sir! As the healthy diet is becoming more popular, so are the smaller weapons! When I was 260lbs, carrying a 40 or 9 was much easier! With a smaller frame it is not as easy to conceal! I think that is why smaller weapons are becoming popular, and they are more comfortable to carry.

We have a new gun shop in town by the name of "REV"....... I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything useful about them and their weapons. They specialize in the AR-15 line, and have different parts so we can have them built the way we want..... They have the newer .300 BO , and of course the .223 .......... I did a vs. search on the two different calibers, basically the .300 is a all round better for doing it's job(but not by much), and availability and cost is more for the .300 round...... Longer distance may be a good reason to go in that direction..... But as a home defense, I'd lean toward the .223....... REV has a good read on their barrels, and what ever else about them.
Here's a link: http://rev-arms.com/

news to me, but interesting looking products

I just heard about them a couple of days ago, so I went to their store Sat. ......... Very nice and well spoken, were knowledgeable not only of their weapons but of the laws about what we can and can't do to them, or what it would take to get the paper work to legalize different modes/lengths, etc. I was asking, about a short version for inside my house, and was told that going too short would take a long time to process it though the government(Va.). So after the visit I went home and looked up their link, I liked the new rifling concept.

I'm not wanting the rail gun, when I was in Laos(67-68) I was issued a short version of the M-16(rounded forearm and telescoping stock) at that time in history they were not well known(at least I didn't). But I really liked it.

300 was made to be suppressed, is expensive and strikes me as a bit of a novelty, but i tend to just shoot for casual recreation. id definitely go .223/5.56 for HD, but why a rifle, unless youre getting a tax stamp maneuvering around a house with a full 16+in barrel and everything could be a pain, much more comfortable with a handgun and something like Hornady's critical defense or critical duty depending on the barrel length of your chosen handgun.

300 was made to be suppressed, is expensive and strikes me as a bit of a novelty, but i tend to just shoot for casual recreation. id definitely go .223/5.56 for HD, but why a rifle, unless youre getting a tax stamp maneuvering around a house with a full 16+in barrel and everything could be a pain, much more comfortable with a handgun and something like Hornady's critical defense or critical duty depending on the barrel length of your chosen handgun.
Actually, you're right on the money, I only have handguns at this time, and they're all loaded with Hornady's critical defense rounds. Mostly I like the handgun, 3 revolvers(.357 Ruger revolvers, and a Glock .40 pistol). I think a well placed round is usually going to go a long way, as opposed to spraying the room with 3 round burst. My Glock is the only one with more than 6 rounds, and it's that one point that makes me think the 20 round magazine mike come in handy if my house was stormed by 10 guys..... :D
Mostly it's window shopping mentality. I need to think about another pistol that could upgrade that magazine issue, if I was to buy the AR-15 $$$$ wise I could buy a real nice pistol at that price, all of mine are around the 3 to 500, and the rifle would be 7 to 1000 dollars.
Thx, for the alternate thought.

remember the AR platform is like a car, sure the base components are 700-1000 but then you start modifying and upgrading and easily dump 4k into a rifle build

Back