Official Gun Thread

CivicDew

Southern Ohio
Post pics of your home defense firearms, claymore mines, sharks w/ lasers attached to their heads, and anything else you use for protection. :thumbsup:

nb3leb.png

I live in Ohio which regulates magazine size. This means anything holding over 31 rounds makes the weapon an "automatic firearm" subject to law accordingly. Also, I can purchase an assault rifle out of state at a gun shop, fill out the background check, and walk out the door same day. However, if I want a handgun out of state, I purchase it in the store, they keep it and drop it off at a certified shop in Ohio, I have to fill out paperwork at that location the next afternoon, then I get to walk out with it. I'll be signing up for my CCW soon.

- What crazy gun laws are in your State?
- Post product or personal pics of your firearm, and list the brand name and caliber.
- If you target practice regularly post pics of your five-shot cluster from 15-20 yards.
- What weapon is on your wish list?

i have a glock 19, random .22 rifles, a 30-30, and a few shot guns

Currently I only own a Remington 770 .308 and a Mossberg 500 Persuader with a pistol grip. Just ordered an ATI tactical folding stock and fore grip for my shotgun. I'll post some pictures after everything is installed.

Dang, completely forgot about this thread. I just bought a Taurus PT-709 Slim 9mm today, and will be picking it up this coming weekend. I'll try and remember to post up some pictures next weekend.

I have a carry permit
and two Ruger SS .357 revolvers, one has a 2 1/4" barrel 5 shot. The other is a 4" 6 shot. I like revolvers better than pistols, but hitting the mark is the key.

No pics..

But since I have carry permit, most of mine are compacts..

Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380
Sig Sauer P290
Kimber 1911 fullsize
AR-15
Ithaca 37 shotgun from 1943 (16 gauge shotgun)
Winchester Model 1897 from 1942 (12 gauge shotgun)

Gonna be adding a Springfield XD .40 cal compact

The only gun I personally own is a Ruger 10/22, which was a gift from my father for my eighteenth birthday

But the guns I've fired, a pretty impressive list, all thanks to a family friend who is a high-end gun dealer

The top three
A gold plated, pearl inlay Colt with disney characters on it (he said it was supposedly a disney gift to high executives in the sixties, but I don't know that for sure, and that was just his suspicion at the time), when I was about ten
A fully automatic Uzi, when I was about fourteen
A fully automatic, MG42 just a few months ago. It took two guys, each holding the bi-pod legs down, and another man holding my back to help me manage to fire it for more than half a second. What a feeling!

I'm sure there are some others on here with guns, this is the thread to discuss them and show your recent purchases!

This is a relatively new hobby for me so I'm just getting started and while some of my guns aren't the best, they're all FUN.

Ruger SR22
IMG_20121116_092430_930.jpg

Left is a Savage Axis 30-06 and Right is a Mossberg 20ga
IMG_20121127_104040_301.jpg

I think my next purchase will be a nice O/U shotgun or a 40/45 pistol like an XD.

You won't go wrong with an XD. I have a .45 xd service model, one of my favorites. Also have a ruger lc9 for the summer (fits in my board shorts). Looking into a G29 for my 29th bday.

Bartjo06 Looks like you have some nice pieces there. Being that you said you're new at this, for your safety and peace of mind, I'd suggest that you don't put anything on your car or house that gives anyone a hint that you own weapons. Thieves !

Thanks webby for merging the threads, I figured there may have already been something.

Thanks for the advise Monk, I think I'll start looking for a safe in the near future if I'm going to collect any more.

For you ppl that want to keep your weapons, the current administration is in the process of working "around" our 2nd amendment though the UN to supersede our own Countries laws for the world melting pot, and try to remove our weapons by floating it though the UN.

I'm not even sure that the NRA can lobby around this one, but giving them our support can't hurt.

For you ppl that want to keep your weapons, the current administration is in the process of working "around" our 2nd amendment though the UN to supersede our own Countries laws for the world melting pot, and try to remove our weapons by floating it though the UN.

I'm not even sure that the NRA can lobby around this one, but giving them our support can't hurt.
This is not going to make anything different here in the US. This is for the other countries who do not have regulations on firearms. If this did go through and it went across the board ,Americans would be able to purchase guns with ease.
If it were to go the other way , My next words and postings at my household would be "come and Get 'em":D

I only have one gun of my own right now. I have a Smith&Wesson compact 9mm. I bought the 9 vs a .45 because I carried an M9 for 10 years as an MP and I'm used to it. This is relatively similar muscle memory wise to the M9 IMO. It's an okay gun. I'm not in love with it. I prefer my cousin's Glock (don't remember which it was) that he had 6 years ago.

I've been eyeballing the Kimber Ultra Carry II since I bought mine last year. I also prefer my boyfriend's Bersa over my S&W. I seriously need to go shopping for another gun.

Sorry. Don't have any pics of it. :(

Back