Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

Matt, it doesnt work like the 8th gen setup. I tried. it seems like the boot collar screws down onto the threads on the shifter arm. wont go down any further than it is. And i cant pull the trim ring off like the 8th gen ones. it was so easy with those, this one looks like its not held on by clips.

when it warms up here, ill take the whole console apart, and do a DIY.

The bezel is actually clipped on but is also held in by the screws on the underside that secure the boot in place. Console removal is pretty straight forward. The collar will not go down anymore because it is bottoming out on the treads of the shifter lever just remove the stock collar and diy one to get it down lower.

So I messed with mine tonight and found a few things pretty difficult. Knob came off easy. New one went one easy (with an adapter). The boot part wouldn't stay up anymore to the new knob. I had to pry apart the boot from the silver connector and found a ziptie underneath holding it on. With the silver piece off I tried a bunch of different options to get the boot to stay up. None of them worked except screwing the adapter all the way down and then taking a zip tie and tightening it up at the top of the collar on the adapter and then screwing on my knob. Right now it looks slightly ghetto and I want to make it look cleaner. Is there a way to take out the entire shifter, base and all so I can have easier access to certain spots? Here is what mine looks like earlier in the day when I was just trying to see if it fit. I currently don't have that silver piece on and just a blue ziptie where that piece was. I do like the knob from American Shifter. Real pool ball too.

knob1.jpgknob2.jpg

/\ nice.

im still trying to find a how to take the center console out. lol.

center console is easy just start by removing the panel with the 12v and aux jack and work your way back...Top of center pops off sides pop and unbolt same routine all the way back.

This is the one I got from you guys for my old 8th gen
IMG_0818.jpg

Now I just use the stock one because it's so damn sexy. It's everything I loved about the M1 Abrams but stock

I'm in az and the inside of our cars usually hits 140 plus degrees. Is there any shift knobs on the market that specialize in not burning your palm when you need to shift? I had a spoon one for my ek and it was awesome. Didn't heat up too much. I would just switch it but I want something new for this car.

I'm in az and the inside of our cars usually hits 140 plus degrees. Is there any shift knobs on the market that specialize in not burning your palm when you need to shift? I had a spoon one for my ek and it was awesome. Didn't heat up too much. I would just switch it but I want something new for this car.
What I did was get a sock and put it over the knob while I wasn't in the car that way it wasn't too hot when I got in. I used a white sock in hopes the white would reflect the light/heat rather than absorb it if it was a dark color

You guys need a Fatboy from GRFXP.com! Best knob you'll ever handle! :)

It is a mighty fine feeling knob I'll give you that (insert "self abuse" joke here). You should make that "Fatboy 2 Electric Boogaloo" knob I mentioned a while back. Now THAT would be one of the most beastly knobs available. All the guys wanting a heavy knob would be all over that like crabs on a $2 whore. :cucumber:

I'm a big fan of delrin knobs (like your old Spoon knob) because they stay cooler, and you can find more styles than just the standard ball shaped shift knobs. If you look on the first page of this thread I posted 2 different knob (one off the shelf and one custom order) that I've ordered from this guy: http://myworld.ebay.com/product_innovations_llc/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 He's a really great guy, with excellent customer service. He definitely gets :thumbsup: from me.

The carbon Mugen? Daaaaaaaaaamn...somebody's a baller. :pimp:

When I see that knob I imagine it being the weight of like a feather

As a self proclaimed shift knob whore, that Mugen knob has me :drooling:. Not to alarm anybody but that knob is also causing a tingly feeling in my pants. :squirrel: I strongly encourage you all to make donations to my Paypal account so that I too can have that naughty, naughty Mugen goodness. :giggle:

Back