Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

IMAG0044.jpg

ARC Titan Dull Finish

This knob is actually about to be going up for sale

I finished another original handle with the factory knob incorporated in it to make it weighted. I call it the "Microphone" for obvious reasons lol. Very simple to make, used another handle like the first one and trimmed the top slightly (maybe 1/2-3/4 inch of the top) with a hacksaw. Then used a drill press and a hole saw bit to hollow out the top, the bit was slightly bigger than the base of the factory knob. Was trying for a press fit but I didn't have anything small enough so i just took FIPG(Toyota's RTV/silicone for engine work, amazing stuff realy) and filled the hole I drilled with it and stuck the knob in. Whipped away all excess RTV and let her dry. Still need to sand it to get the finish how I want but here she be!
20150727_195511.jpg

You can also see where i relocated my civic badge and want to put blue LED's under the over hang that's above it to light it up and the storage underneath. I think it'll look nice

Took the microphone and chopped it real good! Lol, it's the "Nub" now and it's growing on me for such a direct/solid linkage feel it gives.
20150825_230339_zpsghbwgpr5.jpg

20150826_160548_zpsuiuodsqg.jpg

If you're looking for some pretty unique shift knobs etsy seems to be a good place to start.
il_570xN.928803068_3qd8.jpg

I did not like the automatic shift knob in my LX so I changed it out with a leather knob and boot from a 16 Civic. Knob fits perfectly. I screwed up though and meant to cover the chrome trim with the boot but as soon as I heard it snap into place I realized my error. Still looks (and feels) much better than what the car originally had.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 34
Replaced my Blox 440g Torch Blue Type R knob for a Blox 490 Neo Chrome Spherical knob. Feels alot more comfortable and ergonomic compared to the Type R style imo. Plus I'm loving the brushed neo color.
20160527_183011.jpg 20160527_183007.jpg

This is my current shift knob and boot from sickspeed. I have seen many styles some interesting some odd. 20140721_181522.jpeg

Back