Official Meaty fitment / Functional thread

18x8 +35. That’s what I had no rub and they filled the wheel well pretty decent. I have sk2 springs as well.

What size tires? Looking to get the same specs and I’m lowered on H&R with stocks and it looks pretty close so I was kinda scared to go and wider. 2014 SI sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size tires? Looking to get the same specs and I’m lowered on H&R with stocks and it looks pretty close so I was kinda scared to go and wider. 2014 SI sedan.

His comment was referring to using the stock si tires on that size wheel.

His comment was referring to using the stock si tires on that size wheel.

Ok. So 225/40. Thanks. I have stock wheels and tires on. Just wanted clarification cuz I don’t want to roll or pull fenders. I don’t mind staying with 7.5 to be safe. Lol

With all that said...

9’s are a better look I think. Little more work and money though.

I recently just got some parts and planning to put them all in the summer. Need some advice! I got 17x8 +45 rpf1 and yokohama s drives 235/40/17. Also got buddy club racing spec coils. It's my daily and I just want a functional set up that I can do some mild aggressive street driving (maybe autocross and track in the future :)). What do you guys recommend as far and drop and camber to achieve this goal? Thanks!

I have the EXACT same setup except Im running 225/45 and I’m wondering if I should have went with 235/40? I like the extra comfort of a higher side wall I noticed, and I just swapped the new with the old today so it’s fresh and I definitely feel the difference. But I have D2 Rs coils waiting to be installed as well for ONLY a slight drop/daily driving as my 2015 si coupe is my daily so can anyone help a novice with clearance/ rubbing with a 225/45/17 Michelin pilot sport? I’d like to cut the wheel gap as of now in half but I only just put the wheels on today the suspension will have to wait so I’m calling on everyone’s expertise!

I have the EXACT same setup except Im running 225/45 and I’m wondering if I should have went with 235/40? I like the extra comfort of a higher side wall I noticed, and I just swapped the new with the old today so it’s fresh and I definitely feel the difference. But I have D2 Rs coils waiting to be installed as well for ONLY a slight drop/daily driving as my 2015 si coupe is my daily so can anyone help a novice with clearance/ rubbing with a 225/45/17 Michelin pilot sport? I’d like to cut the wheel gap as of now in half but I only just put the wheels on today the suspension will have to wait so I’m calling on everyone’s expertise!

Welcome New Member @Nickb103 :wave:

Welcome New Member @Nickb103 :wave:

Thank you!!! I’ve been a si guy since I started driving 7 years ago the Civic is all I know but this is my setup i just installed wheels and tires yesterday. I’ll have better pics posted today the - rear than front. Would like to cut this wheel gap in half I have D2 Rs coils but idk about clearance/ rubbing fender pulling etc. I’m new to the wheel game so im a little in the dark about this stuff
D0C97156-D623-44CB-B42B-730D7CEE1EBA.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. So 225/40. Thanks. I have stock wheels and tires on. Just wanted clarification cuz I don’t want to roll or pull fenders. I don’t mind staying with 7.5 to be safe. Lol

safe to run 225 45 17, the stock rim is 7inch-that is all you need, I would stay away from any lowing coil springs.

Hi guys, new to the forum world and this is my first time buying new wheels and tires. I have a 2012 si hfp that came with ugly winter beaters instead of the stock wheels. The springs in the hfp are only a 15mm drop, I'm looking at 17x8 or 8.5+35/38 and 225/40. Really don't wanna rub or modify my fenders but also don't want a huge gap. Anyone have suggestions or pics of a similar setup?

Hi guys, new to the forum world and this is my first time buying new wheels and tires. I have a 2012 si hfp that came with ugly winter beaters instead of the stock wheels. The springs in the hfp are only a 15mm drop, I'm looking at 17x8 or 8.5+35/38 and 225/40. Really don't wanna rub or modify my fenders but also don't want a huge gap. Anyone have suggestions or pics of a similar setup?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=X4lABg-rNWM

17x8+35 ^ on 215 stock tires.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/official-meaty-fitment-functional-thread.10100/page-4#post-347093
17x8 +40 BBS Michelin tires 225/45

that should at least give you some visuals

Hi guys new to the forum just got myself some tein stech lowering springs specs are: (Ride Height (mm,inch) - Front: -30/-1.2, Rear: -33/-1.3). As well as i just purchased some Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45 wrapped in 255/40r17 with 5mm spacer so a meaty set up. Was seeing if anyone had similar specs and rubbing, knowing that its a beefy setup please inform?i saw the first post with black sedan but not sure if he is lowered on same spec or not

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
Hi guys new to the forum just got myself some tein stech lowering springs specs are: (Ride Height (mm,inch) - Front: -30/-1.2, Rear: -33/-1.3). As well as i just purchased some Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45 wrapped in 255/40r17 with 5mm spacer so a meaty set up. Was seeing if anyone had similar specs and rubbing, knowing that its a beefy setup please inform?i saw the first post with black sedan but not sure if he is lowered on same spec or not
Welcome to 9thCivic :thumbsup:

Username: Safe Gabe just posted his setup in the meaty fitment thread. He is using 255/40/17 front 225/45/17 rear
he did mention having the front fenders rolled though

25011115106_3f6236fe9e_b.jpg

safegabe had 255's on the front, but rolled his fenders

Do you know what suspension upgrade he is using coilovers or lower springs?
Yes, his specs on his mods are in his first post here

Yes, his specs on his mods are in his first post here
Nice thanks you, so his car actually dropped more than mines from is not much from stock which is what i wanted since there was the 2.25 drop from skunk 2 lowering springs

Back