Official Quickest Quarter Mile Times

What's everyone's launch technique in the 9th Gen? I've been feathering the throttle up to about 3500 then flooring it and dumping the clutch right before the light changes to green.

The way Iv always done it in the past (it's been a while) is launch 3500-4500 and if the tires break loose back off just a little and put my foot back to the boom boom peddle

Clunck

My stock '12 sedan ran 9.5 @ 74.68 MPH in the 1/8. Not sure what that equates to in the 1/4, no pic of timeslip yet. My clutch wouldn't let me launch at 5k like I tried to do. I think its got a 9.3-9.4 in it.
Went to willow springs race way in rosamond ca my best 18 mile time was 13.4 with intake tune and exhaust. how did you do 9.5?? went against a 09 for most of the day doing 13.1-13.3 with intake exhaust and test pipe. there were 3 other stock running 13.7-14 also

you did a 13.4 sec quarter???? What tires were you on? You have slips, cause I'd love to see the full sheet? The 9.5sec run was on a 1/8th mile track instead of a 1/4 mile track.

IMG176.jpg

IMG177.jpg

July-14-2012-DragRace730pm_DSC5050.jpg

my eyes are failing me - is the 60ft time zeros?

people in the 8th ran 13.9-14.2sec with intake/header/exhaust/hondata reflash.

were you powershifting? Tire psi? Time to dyno this car of yours and see if you have a factory freak engine!

the 60 ft times were 0. they didnt record them. i have the intake exhaust and reflash and its 1/8th. I was power shifting they set my tires at 35 psi that morning when i did a oil change due to oil consumption.

i have the intake exhaust and reflash and its 1/8th.
take back everything I just wrote... you ran a 13.4 on a 1/8th mile track? That's like a 19+ sec 1/4 mile converted.

a 9.5 is supposed to convert to like a 14.8 quarter mile.

were your wheels just spinning like crazy on the launch? That's why I wanted to see how quick your 60ft times were when you said you ran 13.4. I thought you did a QUARTER in 13.4, which blew my mind for your mods.

looks like willow is
2,523 ft above sea level which doesn't help. Was it stupid hot out?

Back