Oil prices dip below zero as producers forced to pay to dispose of excess

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Oil prices dip below zero as producers forced to pay to dispose of excess

fT2ojM3.jpg

US oil prices turned negative for the first time on record on Monday as North America’s oil producers run out of space to store an unprecedented oversupply of crude left by the coronavirus crisis.

The price of US crude oil collapsed by more than 105% to -$2 per barrel in a matter of hours, forcing oil producers to pay buyers to take the glut of crude which they cannot store, as rising stockpiles of crude threaten to overwhelm oil storage facilities.

The crash in demand caused by the Covid-19 pandemic also forced Canada’s benchmark oil price to plunge into negative territory for the first time on Monday.

“The problem of the global supply-demand imbalance has started to really manifest itself in prices,” Bjornar Tonhaugen, head of oil at Rystad Energy said. “As production continues relatively unscathed, storages are filling up by the day. The world is using less and less oil and producers now feel how this translates.”

:flame:15.88 lower than the cost to produce oil- About time these thief's:bananapoke::bananawhipdance: get their just deserts served cold!:lildevil::lildevil::rotfl:

egg prices and Himalayan Kittens prices however are spiking to never before seen prices. Up ! 100%+ That's my business. IT workers lucky if they have a job. Counting the dough counting the dough. With no dating going only the pussy there is is A Kitten!:dogdance::lildevil:

That's crazy! I understand because less people are driving (even though there are more people on the road than I'm sure need to be).

I heard a rumor that they were gonna cut off the Houston pipeline to artificially drive up the market :nervous:

No that was the tolet paper pipeline, must make a nasty smell.

Back