Ordering Detailing Materials Online

I have a trick if you are going to order from Detailed Image. It gets you some % off and cheaper shipping. I found it by accident.

First decide what you want. Then go clear out your history.

Go to google and type the name of the product into your search bar.

Find a link from google to the item on the detailed image website.

If you follow that link you should have a promo code at the top of the page. WRITE IT DOWN! It dissapears if you click onto anything else, also it is only good if you order right then not the next day.

Add other stuff if you want and then put in the code at checkout. You usually get like 10% off and $2.99 shipping. Not everything qualifys for the discount but the shipping is the real savings.

I have gotten a lot of stuff from these guys. They also provide a lot of information and how to use the stuff properly.

Priceblink. Search Amazon (or whatever) and Priceblink will automatically find a better price somewhere else.

Yeah, autogeek isn't bad. They do tend to push a lot of their own "house lines" though. Join their forum and you get a code for free shipping anytime if your order is $95 or more. The free shipping takes forever though. (Like 2 weeks from FL to NY) The buy one get one section isn't bad either. Gallon sizes are still a better deal but if you don't use stuff all the time BOGO is nice. Look for the Palm Beach Motoring Group logo. Pinnacle, DP, XMT, Wolfgang, Diamondite,.... loads of house brand stuff. Possibly even the Blackfire line but not sure on that one.

Detailed image has some new shipping codes as well if you hit certain price points. They also seem very brand neutral. Whatever works sort of deal. They ship FedEx and I get my stuff in a day usually, their warehouse is outside of Albany NY, so im ok with spending a few more $$ to get stuff that quick without paying for next day or 2 day rates. (This is where I order from 90%)

Sometimes the "one-day" sales that Chemical Guys have, which never seem to end, are a good deal for brushes and such. Go to chemical guys website and order directly. I only ever look at the Wacky One Day Deal section. 1/2 price usually but shipping is never a deal there.

Yeah, autogeek isn't bad. They do tend to push a lot of their own "house lines" though. Join their forum and you get a code for free shipping anytime if your order is $95 or more. The free shipping takes forever though. (Like 2 weeks from FL to NY) The buy one get one section isn't bad either. Gallon sizes are still a better deal but if you don't use stuff all the time BOGO is nice. Look for the Palm Beach Motoring Group logo. Pinnacle, DP, XMT, Wolfgang, Diamondite,.... loads of house brand stuff. Possibly even the Blackfire line but not sure on that one.

Detailed image has some new shipping codes as well if you hit certain price points. They also seem very brand neutral. Whatever works sort of deal. They ship FedEx and I get my stuff in a day usually, their warehouse is outside of Albany NY, so im ok with spending a few more $$ to get stuff that quick without paying for next day or 2 day rates. (This is where I order from 90%)

Sometimes the "one-day" sales that Chemical Guys have, which never seem to end, are a good deal for brushes and such. Go to chemical guys website and order directly. I only ever look at the Wacky One Day Deal section. 1/2 price usually but shipping is never a deal there.

All the online site are very competitive now. Watch for sales and definitely check for shipping discounts! I get 95% of my stuff from Detailed Image mainly because I get a generous discount for writing articles, but they are also a great bunch of guys with excellent customer service.

For anything wet sanding related definitely go with Kevin at BuffDaddy.com. He sells Meguiar's stuff too and while his prices are higher, his willingness to help you out when you have issues will be worth its weight in gold!!! He's also the man for Rupes and Mirka tools! Can you say Bigfoot!!! :)

Corey recently opened CarPro-us.com so if you're looking for CQuartz, IronX, TarX, Eraser, or any other CarPro product he is definitely your man!

Rick at ADS (autodetailingsolutions.net) is great option too with competitive pricing, fast shipping, and awesome customer service!

If you want anything Wolf's, detailersdomain.com is your store! :)

Tons of tire gel/dressing/treatments out there. Just depends on how glossy you want it and how long you want it to last.

I've been using Optimum Tire Shine. It lasts a few weeks and doesn't look overly shiny. It comes in a spray bottle and is water based so it won't turn your rubber brown. Also once it dries theres no sling or black gook that comes off when you drive. I'm pretty happy with it.

I've been looking into the TUF shine tire treatment system but havent bought it yet. Also I hear good things about optimums Opti-Bond Tire Gel.
Car Pro has something called PERL which you can layer to get more shine and is suppose to be super durable as well. There's a super detailed review here. I think from the same Corey that Rasky mentioned...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/40314-review-carpro-perl.html

Tons of tire gel/dressing/treatments out there. Just depends on how glossy you want it and how long you want it to last.

I've been using Optimum Tire Shine. It lasts a few weeks and doesn't look overly shiny. It comes in a spray bottle and is water based so it won't turn your rubber brown. Also once it dries theres no sling or black gook that comes off when you drive. I'm pretty happy with it.

I've been looking into the TUF shine tire treatment system but havent bought it yet. Also I hear good things about optimums Opti-Bond Tire Gel.
Car Pro has something called PERL which you can layer to get more shine and is suppose to be super durable as well. There's a super detailed review here. I think from the same Corey that Rasky mentioned...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/40314-review-carpro-perl.html
I'll try the Opti-Bond Tire Gel... if memory serves, it comes in a gallon container for just $35+. I've seen some up there $60 (a gallon) .... which is about 30% of the cost of a new tire. :) Appreciate the tips...thanks!

Yep! Corey is the master of product reviews too! :thumb:

I had Tuf Shine on my old TSX tires for a while and it worked well. Prep is key and you have to make sure the tires are squeaky clean! Their cleaner is great as is there brush, which I now use regularly (brush). Personally I just like using Meguiar's Hyper Dressing. Water based and you dilute to your taste in gloss. Not super durable but I clean and dress my tires on every wash, which would be every 1-2 weeks and it last that long as long as it doesn't get rained on. A gallon is $39 but it will make 3-4 gallons for most people and has a very nice look IMO. (gloss will vary between tires IME)
20121020-DSC_2145.jpg

20120325-_MG_6660.jpg

20120422-_MG_6866.jpg

20120707-DSC_0398.jpg

Yeah your tires always look perfect!

Do you know anywhere to get the Hyper Dressing in a smaller size? Not that the gallon isn't an awesome price but I like to try new stuff in a more manangeable amount!

Also I like buying stuff in a 16oz size and refilling that bottle so I have a nice labeled sprayer without buying new blank ones.

Yeah your tires always look perfect!

Do you know anywhere to get the Hyper Dressing in a smaller size? Not that the gallon isn't an awesome price but I like to try new stuff in a more manangeable amount!

Also I like buying stuff in a 16oz size and refilling that bottle so I have a nice labeled sprayer without buying new blank ones.

ADS has 32oz sample sizes. I would order a separate Meg's spray bottle too so you can dilute it. Ratios are printed on the bottles. :)

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/d17032.html

Back