Paint Warranty Extension: Cracking or Clouding TSB 14-034 +My Experience

When I went through this with my car last year, it took about a week or two for the dealer to call back with word from Corporate on what they would/would not cover under the service advisory. Next, I set an appointment with the dealer on when the body work (paint and a few touch up items) would be done; I picked a time when I would be out on travel for about 3wks (was only supposed to take 2wks); in the end, they basically took the whole time and did not offer a loaner vehicle (I asked originally, which is why chose to wait until a time I was supposed to be on travel); perhaps your dealer may be different. All in all, I think it best if you could plan to be without your car for 2-3wks.

When I went through this with my car last year, it took about a week or two for the dealer to call back with word from Corporate on what they would/would not cover under the service advisory. Next, I set an appointment with the dealer on when the body work (paint and a few touch up items) would be done; I picked a time when I would be out on travel for about 3wks (was only supposed to take 2wks); in the end, they basically took the whole time and did not offer a loaner vehicle (I asked originally, which is why chose to wait until a time I was supposed to be on travel); perhaps your dealer may be different. All in all, I think it best if you could plan to be without your car for 2-3wks.

Yeah im assuming i wont get a loaner. i do have an email on stand-by ready to go just in case —-asking for a loaner lol. Maybe ill send it to the fleet manager.
If not ill just pay for a rental, after all i was planning on repainting the roof and trunk out of my own pocket up until i found out about the warranty extension

Same. They took the entire time they said they would and some. And no rental was offered.

The paint matched very well. I figured it would being it was a dealer painting it, figured they'd use the factory Honda paint, it even has the metal flake in it so I'm good there. The one thing I did notice is that I could identify the masked off areas, at least initially. I took pics of it but I waited the 30ish days for it to cure before washing it. I haven't really looked for it in awhile but it was one of those things that just seemed a little off. None-the-less, I think it will be there no matter what unless a full respray is done (and I couldn't afford that).

Oh Okay. thanks for the reply. Im still waiting for the dealer to call me back. Theyre still waiting for the District manager to give the okay on this smh

Edit: It has now been a MONTH since the pictures were taken and sent to the DPSM

Last edited:
Back