Pandora Issues?

andre12dbsi

Gatineau, QC Canada
Vehicle Model
'15 Acura TLX SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
I attempted to set up Pandora today as its supposed to be integrated with the '13s. I'm using an iPhone 5 with iOS 6. I did everything the owners manual said to do. I connected through USB with the app running. At this point should I not see the Pandora icon as one of my sources? It only shows as an iPod icon in my sources.

The music does play and the artist and song title show in the iMid, but the other functionality of Pandora that is supposed to be built in to the system does not show.

I was just wondering if others have seen the same thing, or if it works the way it describes in the owners manual (i.e. like/dislike songs, list stations etc,).

I have an iPhone 5 as well and it works flawlessly. Have you paired the phone with Bluetooth as well and connected it?

The phone is paired and I'm able to use it no problem for calls. The text option works well too. It's only Pandora it seems.

So you get a Pandora icon as a source option?

I'm sure I did today. I tried just about everything. I'll give it another shot tomorrow though.

My other theory is that the Canadian Civics don't have it built in the car since we don't get the service here "technically". I'm not ready to give up yet though.

I'm sure I did today. I tried just about everything. I'll give it another shot tomorrow though.

My other theory is that the Canadian Civics don't have it built in the car since we don't get the service here "technically". I'm not ready to give up yet though.

I think you may be right...I believe it has to do with music rights ownership and how different companies in the US and Canada own them. In a nut shell it the same reason that Netflix Canada blows...

Last edited:
Canadian Netflix does suck. Nothing a VPN can't fix though. ;)

The more I think about it, I'm leaning towards the car just not having it.

On the US models is the Pandora icon always there even if a phone isn't connected? Maybe greyed out or something? On mine it doesn't show anything to do with Pandora at all.

The icon only shows up when the pandora app is running.

Ok. Thanks. I'll try a few more things tomorrow then. Like I said, I can get it to stream both through Bluetooth and USB just none of the Pandora functions.

There has to be a way......lol

this is odd... I just read stuff on an accord forum where people were asking similar questions. Some users from canada said they had pandora on their car, and others said theirs did not come with pandora. Certain regions of canada have it/others don't??

guy claims his did NOT have pandora, but was able to get it working by doing the following-
Accessing the Diagnostics Screen

Ignition ON, wait for the system to boot up then:

Navigation Equipped: Press and hold the NAVI, BACK and MENU buttons until the screen pops up.
Non-Navi Equipped: Press and hold the DISP, BACK and VOL buttons until the screen pops up.

Thanks to unixadm, I accessed the Diagnostics Screen and changed the region to USA.

This is assuming, you have the Pandora app on your iphone and you are able to stream it successfully on your iPhone in Canada. If not, PM me and I can give you more details.

Thanks webby. That may have something to do with it as well. I did see that some Accord owners were having issues but not this one in particular. It's worth a shot!

absolutely... it'd be great to hear if changing that resolves it for you. Keep us posted if you try it

I tried a few more sequences to launch Pandora before I connect, after I connect and nothing. I'm thinking I'll need to change my regional setting as mentioned in the Accord forum. Now the problem. The button sequence in the Accord is different than the Civic. We don't have the buttons they say will put the system into diagnostic mode. Does anyone know how to do it?

Here's the buttons we have.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374681469.718456.jpg

Yeah, I saw all of those and I couldn't find a sequence that worked. Since there is no menu button on the Nav, I was using the one on the steering wheel.

I'll try a few more sequences when I'm off work. Work is definitely interfering with my progress with this issue.

my car doesnt connect with my galaxy s3 for pandora but works fine through wifi (only bad is its a little delayed)

I finally got into diagnostic mode. The combo of keys is to hold down Map/Guide, Dest, and Cancel all at the same time for about 5 seconds.

image.jpg

It will bring you to this screen.

image.jpg

I chose Detailed Info and Setting and I got this screen.

image.jpg

Nothing I choose showed anything for changing settings. The Functional setting was the only place where Pandora was mentioned. It was greyed out and just beeped twice when I tried to select it.

image.jpg

I do have this for versions. Maybe someone with working Pandora can compare. Maybe the Cdn Civics get a different version than those is the US.

image.jpg

If that's the case maybe it can't be changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back