Paul Walker dead at 40: 'Fast and Furious' star killed in fiery car crash

GzlsAty.jpg

'Fast & Furious 7' is being rewritten to give Paul Walker an 'honorable' send-off
Filming could resume in January, if all goes to plan

The death of actor Paul Walker has cast doubt upon the future of the Fast & Furious franchise, but according to the Hollywood Reporter, work on rewriting the next installation is already underway. Sources familiar with the matter tell THR that screenwriter Chris Morgan has begun revising the script for Fast & Furious 7 to allow for Walker's character to exit the series using footage that has already been shot. The hope is that with a reworked script, cast and crew will be able to resume filming by late January, though that's far from guaranteed.

After a fiery car crash claimed Walker's life in late November, it was reported that Universal Studios would proceed with production of Fast & Furious 7 as planned, though the studio later reversed course and put the film on indefinite hold. The movie, directed by James Wan, had been scheduled to hit theaters in July 2014, but sources tell THR that this timetable has now been scrapped.

"IS THERE AN HONORABLE AND SENSIBLE WAY TO DO THIS?"

Universal has reportedly invested about $150 million in the film, and about half of Walker's scenes have already been shot. Executives are looking at ways to salvage that footage, and the studio says there is widespread fan support for continuing the franchise, though Morgan and Universal's creative team realize that it must be handled delicately.

"What will drive everything is, is there an honorable and sensible way to do this?" a source told THR, before admitting that "there's not really a road map" for the dilemma the studio now faces.

There's no doubt in my mind that Paul walker would want them to finish the series. And I'm sure with all the cast and directors as close as they were, they'll figure out the best way to do that

There's no doubt in my mind that Paul walker would want them to finish the series. And I'm sure with all the cast and directors as close as they were, they'll figure out the best way to do that

theres a difference. Finish this movie yes. but I dont think the series should continue. This movie should be the end of it in my opinion. Take Lucas Black's 3 movie deal he signed and turn it to something else.

^Thats what I meant, 7 being the end of the series. I feel like that'd be the best
I feel like Lucas Black could do pretty well in his own movies, Tokyo Drift was awesome

Unfortunatly blacks deal was a 3 picture deal in the F&F franchise. I know prior to all this happening vin had talked about 8 & 9 already in the planning process.

Dang, i didnt know that was set. It wouldn't be the same F&F w/o Brian O'Connor though

This may not be the place for this nor do I agree with it. Found this scrolling the internet. I just dont understand what goes through peoples minds to create something like this.

Attachments

• IMG_2141.png
    IMG_2141.png
    626.7 KB · Views: 30
^^
Universal Pictures has began discussions with Cody about how he might contribute to the revised version of the film, which will retire the character Paul Walker played since 2001, when The Fast and The Furious first debuted. Cody isn't entirely new to being on camera, as he's done work as a movie stuntman. However, while he is said to bare a striking resemblance to his older brother (you can see photos in the Daily Mail's article), it doesn't sound like he'll be given much acting to do. A source said to be close to the production explained, "They can shoot Cody from behind and at distance and if it's a shot they need Paul's face in close up they can CGI it later on." Basically, it seems they are pulling a page from The Crow's troubled production playbook.

Back