Performance and quiet

toner300

North Carolina
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Hey guys

So I'm looking for some suggestions on a good catback for my 2013 Si Coupe. I purchased Skunk2's MegaPower RR a few days ago and after bolting it on am rather unimpressed. It's super loud and I have to take the heat shield off and cut the hangers shorter just to stop the rattling. So what I'm looking for now is a performance exhaust that would be able to accommodate any boost mods I may do in the future, but also be on the quiet side. Any suggestions?

I can recommend the Invidia N1, good noise but not too much and should work great with a boost setup and any down pipe

full-race ...? there is a link to the available exhausts in my signature below that should help

Thank you guys for the responses. Definitely going to look hard at Invidia and Full-Race. Any reason why no one seems to recommend Magnaflow?

Yeah I've never seen an exhaust that's held together by clamps, of course I am new to all this. Love the sound though, I just don't want to go through the hassle of returning the Skunk2 and end up with an equally loud system.

Decided to go with Full-Race. Want to keep the 3" for any future mods. And I've read that the Q300 has a pretty bad highway drone.

Interesting about the drone with the Q300. I have a 20+ mile commute to work every day (40+ round trip), so highway drone is a no-go for me. The search continues, I suppose.

Interesting about the drone with the Q300. I have a 20+ mile commute to work every day (40+ round trip), so highway drone is a no-go for me. The search continues, I suppose.
I'm in the same boat. I decided on the Full-Race because I didn't want to lose the performance of a 3" exhaust. From what I've been researching, Full-Race, Invidia Q300, and Borla and Magnaflow's catback are the quietest out there (at least quietER than my current Skunk2 and others on the market). The Full-Race of course being the only of them with 3" piping. All have pretty awesome sounds without getting obnoxiously loud. So I've just been looking up the user experiences of the highway drone, and the Full-Race won IMO.

So as you know, I went with the Full-Race catback. And I must say I couldn't be happier. It is just loud enough, deep, and still keeps the 3" piping for my mods later. There is virtually no drone (major influence when buying) and still gives you that sound you want when going WOT. I just posted some videos to youtube if you guys want to check them out. If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them. I love this exhaust and don't think I could've made a better choice.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bImCLi6tFU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkb7tt5H-EE&list=UU84fyDxrChj2eYlVfa9hNRw

So as you know, I went with the Full-Race catback. And I must say I couldn't be happier. It is just loud enough, deep, and still keeps the 3" piping for my mods later. There is virtually no drone (major influence when buying) and still gives you that sound you want when going WOT. I just posted some videos to youtube if you guys want to check them out. If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them. I love this exhaust and don't think I could've made a better choice.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bImCLi6tFU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkb7tt5H-EE&list=UU84fyDxrChj2eYlVfa9hNRw

Nice video toner. My buddy told me that Full Race is louder than Q300 ( as expected) but how is the drone ? I had Tsudo on my 2013 EX and the drone was pretty awful lol. Really loud for the passenger back there but now I am rolling with the 2014 SI. So I've been considering between Q300 and Full Race just like most of the people out here. I heard alot of good things about both catbacks but I can't really stand the drone lol because I am doing alot of highway trips.

Hey @JTan24 sorry for the delayed reply. Can't really speak for the Q300 but from what I've heard other people saying, the Q300 has a bad drone from 55-60 which is the majority of my highway speeds. Realistically you're not getting away from the drone. The Full-Race has been remarkably quiet for me though. It gets loud around 70-75, but nothing some music can't overcome. And you can still carry on a conversation at that point as well.

Mainly the Q300's "supposed" drone around 55-60 and the fact that it's not a full 3" is what drove me to the Full-Race. And no regrets whatsoever.

Keep in mind Ultimate Racing's option. Full 3" downpipe and exhaust, with their secondary muffler option makes it very quiet when cruising and the 3" still offers all the performance and deep sound you want at WOT

Honestly the loudest portion of gears for the Full-Race (with no cat) is while accelerating through about 2500-4500 and shift. Once you are cruising on the highway or at your normal speed, like @toner300 said its really not bad at all.

Back