PIAA bulbs help

mhjung

Rancho Cucamonga
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Sedan
Bought these PIAA bulbs off pro civic. selected 9005/hb3 at checkout to replace my highballs. i have a '15 civic sedan. i know the picture is bad, but the PIAA bulb is on the left, stock is on the right. Obviously the tabs shouldn't be that small right?

super frustrated

Attachments

• IMG_1170.JPG
    IMG_1170.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 20
Have you tried fitting them in yet? My guess is they will fit, and more securely than stock, as long as chose the right size bulb.

I'd check mine right now for you but I believe the 13 si's are a different size. Google image search?

9005 is definitely for high beam sedan 2015.. now, I don't mean to insult because I've made some dumb mistakes but is it possible you actually pulled out the low beams instead of the high beams/DRL?

I think my bulbs had weird shaped tabs too. It only goes in one way, and turns 90 degrees to lock in place.

That's all the packaging said. On their site it said 9005/hb3 so that's what I chose. Wasn't any other option besides 9005/hb3 fog light replacement which I didn't choose.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
@PRO Civic is your answer. I've not seen those bulbs, so I don't know what the packaging should look like. Let them chime in. They're usually here every day checking things,....unless someone else has those bulbs.

edit: just looked around, and it seems that piaa made them as 9005/9006 interchangeable, and the packaging you have is the same I'm seeing on other sites. I'm sure as soon as the spring clip on the back of the headlight is clipped, they'll be snug.

Will they not fit in the opening or are they not rotating or do they just not seat right? If its a seating issue I think a few people ended up swapping the rubber o rings from the stock bulbs.

It came with these red rubber rings I'm guessing those are just replacements though? Cause they already have black ones on them

@mhjung, it looks like you received the correct bulbs. 9005 is definitely the right bulb type for the 2015 Civic high beams. Like others have mentioned, the PIAA bulbs are not identical to the OEM ones in terms of the tabs, but they still should install just fine. If you like, please email customercare@procivic.com with a good picture of the front and back of the bulb product case, and let us know your order # as well. We can help you troubleshoot the install and of course get you different bulbs if these ones are not working for some reason.

Back