Pioneer Nex with Idatalink Maestro

Sek_SI_Ah

San Francisco
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Anyone with a 9th Si that has a Pioneer Nex using idatalink maestro? Earlier I was driving a got check engine light on. Code P2610. Emission code that ecm is not reading when car is turning on or off. Researched a bit and read that it can be caused by low voltage. Used the Maestro on the Pioneer and saw voltage was only at 12.5 volts while I was driving. I know usually voltage should be around 14 volts when car is on. Got home and checked and saw that the audio shop did not fully tighten down the Positive Battery Terminal. I tightened down the terminal and it solved the issue. Was just wondering any one know if they make an ob2 port adapter/extension? So instead of having the two wires for maestro connecting directly into the port I could adapt the wires onto an adapter instead? Just in case if I wanted to use a code reader or Hondata. Any info or help I greatly appreciate.

Attachments

• obd2.jpg
    obd2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 5
So just looked closer at the ob2 port. Figured out that the ob2 connector for the maestro is actually detachable. OOPS LOL.

Which NEX do you have? I'm considering this more and more now that most features can be retained. That was the biggest barrier for me.

I have the avh w4500nex. All steering wheel functions and blutooth is retained using an idatalink maestro. Can use the maestro to monitor gauges as well. Like coolant temp, battery voltage, air fuel ratio, rpm, speed, and more. The face is also detachable. The issue I having right now is trying to figure out why sometimes the receiver goes black and gets no power if I have my car on and cycle the ignition off and back on quickly but happens sometimes. If I turn the car off and then back on Pioneer powers up and is fine again. I am not sure but thinking Pioneer might have a voltage fail safe in it that detects if voltage is low or high. Very minor annoyance

Sorry for the late response: but I had this EXACT setup in my 8th gen, wired all of it myself and dealt with the same issue. I loved the head unit but it would randomly power off and SOMETIMES restart, just going black and booting up with the pioneer logo. Sometimes when I turned the key over it wouldn’t start on ignition, so I would need to turn the car off and turn the key again to make it power on. I wired everything correctly and even redid my entire harness s neatly as I could and the problem still stuck. Might be the AVH-4500NEX.

Back