Pissed off about getting hit

mazda_lexus

Evening everyone,
I went to check out my car tonight just to double check if I locked it and new a car behind me parked pretty close this afternoon but when I checked I didn't notice any scratches this afternoon but tonight I saw these scratches and I'm livid. I don't know whether to just let it go, call insurance, or just have my father-in-law get me a new bumper since he and I are about to own an auto body shop. I just find it so irritating why the person behind me hit me because behind him was 2 car lengths of space to back up, so there shouldn't have been any issues getting out from behind me. Ugh
23746d198ab136f55a093d8dd23412ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like that might be paint transfer onto your car. You can usually get most if not all of that off with rubbing compound or polish.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G17216-Ultimate-Compound-15-2/dp/B001O7PNNM/

I've had good results with this in the past as it's not real abrasive if you're new to paint correction

I agree on the second picture however the first picture feels like the plastic bumper was crumpled if you can sorta tell on the first picture that it's not too much of a scratch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look at it in the morning and wash the area off with some soap/water. If you don't have anything like that stuff mentioned above, get some at any auto store or even walmart sometimes. You can use it to even correct paint swirls in your clearcoat by hand. It's not expensive, and you can definitely put it to use even if it is a scratch into your paint. I think you'll be surprised as to how much of that you can remove.

Back