DIY Plasti Dipped Front Fake Chrome

I wish I waited on putting the civic sticker on till the day but it came out alright for it being dark. Plus now I really need to clean the car.

Attachments

• IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 70
Available Colors Include:

Yellow
White
Red
GunMetal Gray
Clear
Blue
Black
Green

As well as enhancers:

Metalizer (in various colors), glossifier, and pearlizer

Many of them can be found at local hardware/home improvement stores. And, of course, Amazon.

I personally think plastidip looks cheap on the chrome is rather paint or vinyl wrap it if you don't want it to be permanent

I personally think plastidip looks cheap on the chrome is rather paint or vinyl wrap it if you don't want it to be permanent
I like the look of it, and I added the glossifier so that it wasn't completely matte like plastidip normally comes out.

Looks good. A white/blackJDM badge would look awesome.
Thanks, I think I'll just keep it the way is for the badge. The debadged rear civic and si emblems as well, so I still have the chrome "H" and the chrome accent between the headlights. I want to have it flow and still have some chrome accents.

How can i get a glossy finish with this? Does plastidip have glossy paint options?

I like the look of it, and I added the glossifier so that it wasn't completely matte like plastidip normally comes out.

Thanks, I think I'll just keep it the way is for the badge. The debadged rear civic and si emblems as well, so I still have the chrome "H" and the chrome accent between the headlights. I want to have it flow and still have some chrome accents.
well in that case good choice for a diy i may actually end up going this route with some metalizer and glossifier to kind of give it that pop

Here's mine 4 coats of plasti dip and 2 coats of gloss fire.
enabatav.jpg
equ3edan.jpg
y9ery8yq.jpg

Looks good!

You can't tell that much from a few feet away, but up close on mine you can see where the masking tape was. Normally I would remove the tape right after spraying with plastidip, but since I spray on the glossifier, I had no choice but to leave the tape on.

When I removed the tape, it didn't leave the cleanest line. It's barely noticeable but that's the only issue I ran into.

[q uote="sekngen, post: 279644, member: 57487"]Looks good!

You can't tell that much from a few feet away, but up close on mine you can see where the masking tape was. Normally I would remove the tape right after spraying with plastidip, but since I spray on the glossifier, I had no choice but to leave the tape on.

When I removed the tape, it didn't leave the cleanest line. It's barely noticeable but that's the only issue I ran into.[/quote]

Lmao. Honestly bro same thing happened to me cause I used the glossfire. Mine has a slight chrome spot from pulling the tape. It's not too bad but it will be getting dealt with once it gets warmer. Anything is better than the chrome. I did mine early November it was one of those day where it was +17•c I've been dealing with -20 weather the last few months. We've just started hitting the + numbers. Still not over 15•c so I'm waiting for a good day hopefully a fri-sun my days off.

Honestly I agree. Mines dipped cause it was done in November. Weather was getting colder and I'm not gonna paint it and the salt and snow beat the crap out it before I actually get to enjoy it. Mines going to my buddies guy who paints for Acura. As soon as the weather stays warm consistently it's going in. First priority of the year. Then it's off to be tinted. Come on summer!!!! Anything is better than the chrome even plasti-dip. I used glossfire which makes it look a little bit better

Back