Police in Nova Scotia

Cleetus

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si w/Navi
Body Style
Sedan
Well I thought I had heard of everything until my friend called me this morning to let me know he was pulled over and given a $25 fine for having a "tinted license plate cover". The officer explained that if its covered in salt or snow youre getting a ticket. Anyone else run into a nit picking officer before? Dont the police have anything better to do??

I've gotten a $50 ticket for a tinted license plate cover, it's just a cop looking for an excuse to write a ticket.

They need to pay for all the new drive-by plate scanners.

I honestly dont do ANYTHING to my car that will attract police attention anymore, it's just never worth it considering how nitpicky some cops are. I want there to be no reason to pull me over whatsoever

No full license plate covers, no super dark tint, no super loud exhaust, not even HID lights, and especially not tinted tailights/headlights. Any of these things just scream 'irresonsible young driver' to cops

Lucky...The regular fine is (or was) $128 for a license plate cover...They can even "legally" fine you for a clear one...It is just a way for them to meet their monthly expectations...Same as tinted windows...Front you are not supposed to have any tint in my area...But I had mine done 40% on my last 3 vehicles spanning 6 years and have never been bothered...Then a new guy pulls in from a different area and fines me $176...Even though you can clearly see in and out, I still got the ticket (he is a prick anyways to everyone for everything)..I understand the law for safety...But come on, if you can see in and out without it being an obstruction then who cares...20% or darker then yeah, I get the point...Same as license plate covers...I have seen some really "black" ones in which you cannot see the plate clearly...But if you can see everything who cares...It is just them being petty...That's all...I will retint once he moves on or I move to another area...Man, when you are used to having a light layer of tint, you really miss it for heat and glare at night...

Last edited:
Well I thought I had heard of everything until my friend called me this morning to let me know he was pulled over and given a $25 fine for having a "tinted license plate cover". The officer explained that if its covered in salt or snow youre getting a ticket. Anyone else run into a nit picking officer before? Dont the police have anything better to do??

They cover up with ice salt and snow just like a plate without one so I do not see his point there though...But there are pricks in every occupation LOL

I actually have never heard of a ticket for $25 for a plate cover now that I think of it...I have heard of them just make you take it off for them, and like I said, the $128 fine...

Back