Possible look at the 2013 refresh

Oh that makes sense. I was wondering where the reverse camera was? If they are still putting them in the 13's.

Oh that makes sense. I was wondering where the reverse camera was? If they are still putting them in the 13's.
non-navi units will have the backup camera displayed in the i-MID. Navi units will have it displayed on the navi screen

Do you know if it will be possible to install the rear view camera on 2012's? I have a non nav. And do you have any pics that show the camera location? Thanks for the info!

from what I've heard and read, the 2012 Civic's i-MID is capable of supporting a backup camera. The OEM camera from the 2012 CR-V is compatible, but since the Civics aren't wired from the factory for a camera, you need to build a custom harness. Once you build your harness, everything should be plug and play, with the i-MID automatically displaying the camera and guidelines when you put the car in reverse.

As far as mounting the camera, you will need to find a way to do that on your own.

Hello guys! I've been reading this thread and maybe give you some useful info

We do have a euro spec civic here. Neverthenless - from the previous week also the sedan version is being sold on some european markets. It has the tail lights as the Aussie version.

Regarding the mounting of the camera: I think you can put a camera kit on afterwards. The camera kit to upgrade a Civic without it costs around 600 euros here.

sorry, I just realized you're not in the US. I thought you were saying a dealership in the US had the euro on the lot for some reason. my bad

sorry, I just realized you're not in the US. I thought you were saying a dealership in the US had the euro on the lot for some reason. my bad

Sorry :)
I am curious though how will the "2013" civic sedan look

Back