Post Up Your Die Cast Car Collection!!!

Seeing these reminds me of one of the most incredible experiences of my life.Back when I lived in Ohio I was working for a custom home theater company as an installer. We were doing a pretty big job for a former owner of a well known race car driving school.we installed a ton of a/v stuff through the remodeled house( it was the home he grew up in and added 4000 sq feet to a 1500 square ft house. There was a room on the lower level of the split level house at was kinda off limits and had a steel man door.As we got to know the owner and got friendly with him he allowed us to see what was in the room.To our amazement it was a room about 1000 square feet filled with the big die cast race cars( they were about 12 inches at least). These were the real deal. They were in sealed glass shelves tightly incased next to each other. There were in his estimate about 3000 of them in this room. The cases were fire proof shatter resistance glass with steel frames. The alarm we installed was 10,000 alone with an additional huge dollar amount for fire prevention equipment. I have never seen anything so cool in my life. He apparently acquired these through the years with his connections in the racing community.they were everything from formula one to Indy to NASCAR, NHRA etc... Of course we asked him how much he had in them, and he responded "somewhere north of 1,000,000 dollars. We just stood there in amazement. Then he showed us another room.it was like a smaller room that had a lock like a bank vault to open.i don't remember what the cars were but there was about 100 of them and he said their value to him was "priceless". After he asked us not to elaborate to anyone what we saw for these were his baby's and not many ever saw them.needless to say it something ill never forget,they were really cool

I have been on a search for the Evasive s2000, no luck today. Weeded through a display that came into my store today. 2 treasure hunts, a bosozoku car, and a funny car. I done good Matt?

IMG_20130223_222935_zps827712f9.jpg

Seeing these reminds me of one of the most incredible experiences of my life.Back when I lived in Ohio I was working for a custom home theater company as an installer. We were doing a pretty big job for a former owner of a well known race car driving school.we installed a ton of a/v stuff through the remodeled house( it was the home he grew up in and added 4000 sq feet to a 1500 square ft house. There was a room on the lower level of the split level house at was kinda off limits and had a steel man door.As we got to know the owner and got friendly with him he allowed us to see what was in the room.To our amazement it was a room about 1000 square feet filled with the big die cast race cars( they were about 12 inches at least). These were the real deal. They were in sealed glass shelves tightly incased next to each other. There were in his estimate about 3000 of them in this room. The cases were fire proof shatter resistance glass with steel frames. The alarm we installed was 10,000 alone with an additional huge dollar amount for fire prevention equipment. I have never seen anything so cool in my life. He apparently acquired these through the years with his connections in the racing community.they were everything from formula one to Indy to NASCAR, NHRA etc... Of course we asked him how much he had in them, and he responded "somewhere north of 1,000,000 dollars. We just stood there in amazement. Then he showed us another room.it was like a smaller room that had a lock like a bank vault to open.i don't remember what the cars were but there was about 100 of them and he said their value to him was "priceless". After he asked us not to elaborate to anyone what we saw for these were his baby's and not many ever saw them.needless to say it something ill never forget,they were really cool

That's awesome. I highly doubt you'll see any baller die cast like that in this thread (except for Gingersnap's Bimmer). When I was in Mn buying my car from a friend and former colleague of the 9th Civic staff, he took me to his favorite hobby shop. They had one die cast like the ones you're describing. It was at least 3 feet long, and was the #3 Compuware Corvette that Dale Earnhardt drove. The detail on it was amazing. The hood was off and I couldn't believe how real the tiny, ss braided lines in the engine bay looked.

I have been on a search for the Evasive s2000, no luck today. Weeded through a display that came into my store today. 2 treasure hunts, a bosozoku car, and a funny car. I done good Matt?

IMG_20130223_222935_zps827712f9.jpg

:bighug: Mikey!!!!!! Good finds sir. I've always loved Tuckers, and the paint job on that TH looks cool. It's too bad you're not closer, I'd trade you one of my TH's for the Tucker. :giggle: Definitely keep your eyes open for that Evasive S2K. I'm willing to bet you see it out in Cali before we see it here. So pick up extras for us. :thumbsup: You and Liz making it out to the Dragon this year? :popcorn:

:rotfl: :rotfl: When I was shopping for another 8th gen after my wreck, I had temporary delusions that made me think I should buy the Go Power FA5. In the end I did not. :escaper:

:bighug: Mikey!!!!!! Good finds sir. I've always loved Tuckers, and the paint job on that TH looks cool. It's too bad you're not closer, I'd trade you one of my TH's for the Tucker. :giggle: Definitely keep your eyes open for that Evasive S2K. I'm willing to bet you see it out in Cali before we see it here. So pick up extras for us. :thumbsup: You and Liz making it out to the Dragon this year? :popcorn:

So, I didn't realize that tucker was actually a SUPER treasure hunt! Looks like its worth a little bit of coin
http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Super-Treasure-Tucker-Torpedo/dp/B005N2IDWW

I will try to get as many of the evasives as I can, if possible.

So, I didn't realize that tucker was actually a SUPER treasure hunt! Looks like its worth a little bit of coin
http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Super-Treasure-Tucker-Torpedo/dp/B005N2IDWW

I will try to get as many of the evasives as I can, if possible.

;) Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Just because he's asking for $28, doesn't mean he's getting that much. Look at the range of pricing found on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=tucker+treasure+hunt&_sacat=0&_from=R40

One guy's selling 4 for $20 shipped. :giggle:

Thanks for keeping an eye open for the Evasive S2K's. I'll be doing the same for the rest of the crew. :fistpump:

Real life Matchbox car:

qdCELwF.jpg

Too bad it isn't freshly polished!

FINALLY another die cast dork posts up some pics. I see you like the Cars franchise, so maybe you can help me with a question? I didn't see cars 3, but I know David Hobbes was an announcer in it. Did they ever make his character into a toy, or are they still just cranking out the McQueens, and Maters? :popcorn:

Edit: I'll be posting a few new pics on the first page in just a few :thumbsup:

Last edited:
FINALLY another die cast dork posts up some pics. I see you like the Cars franchise, so maybe you can help me with a question? I didn't see cars 3, but I know David Hobbes was an announcer in it. Did they ever make his character into a toy, or are they still just cranking out the McQueens, and Maters? :popcorn:

Edit: I'll be posting a few new pics on the first page in just a few :thumbsup:

I'm not the dork - my wife is! Ahh the influence of a three year old in the house! There is a new 2013 release that encompasses the entire franchise including some really obscure characters.
"David Hobbscap" - E type jag, has just only been released in the new 2013 series (white card). My wife actively trades and resells these (you'd be surprised what some people will pay for the rarer ones). If you'd like I'll put it on her watch list. Looks like he's also available as a Disney 1:48(?) scale (oversized) also.

Last edited:
I'm not the dork - my wife is! Ahh the influence of a three year old in the house! There is a new 2013 release that encompasses the entire franchise including some really obscure characters.
"David Hobbscap" - E type jag, has just only been released in the new 2013 series (white card). My wife actively trades and resells these (you'd be surprised what some people will pay for the rarer ones). If you'd like I'll put it on her watch list. Looks like he's also available as a Disney 1:48(?) scale (oversized) also.

Nope. I wouldn't be surprised at all by what people will pay for die casts, or action figures. It boggles my mind sometimes, but definitely doesn't surprise me. I don't even want to admit what I've paid for certain loose 1:64 Tomica's, or the custom action figures that I've had commissioned. :hiding:

I figured it would take them 3 or 4 years to put out a David Hobbscar. :pat:

Edit: Newer pics FINALLY up on page 1

Last edited:
Good score Sweet Gympers! I didn't know there were red repaints out of the Mini and F1 car. The red Mini looks better in my opinion than the colors I have. :thumb:

Back