Post up your fish tanks/aquariums!

I love my baby ebjd. Lil Eddie. The severum chomped his tail within 5secs. Thankfully most of it grew back

We have 3 tanks in our house

Tank 1 is a 67 gal tank 48" x 18" x 18" (also considered a 70, 75 gal )

Tank 2 is 120 gal tank, 48" x 24" x 24" , this tank has a corner overflow a 60 gal sump, mag 9 return pump. This tank is currently housing 5 Frontosa Burundi F2 ( second generation removed from the wild) and about 30 albino bristle nose pleco.

Tank 3 is our big tank, 72" x 24" x 24" this is 180 gal tank and has a corner overflow and a 80 gal sump, mag 12 return pump and is currently housing 7 clown loaches a rainbow shark and numerous albino bristle nose pleco's.

I guess i will have to grab some pics of the tanks, if you can look past my Si wheels, our 180 is in the back ground while it still had our 4 oscars in it

20120916_113122.jpg

Thanks dude! Yea i havent been fishing in a while as the summer months usually don't produce as much action here off land.
The cool thing is that in freshwater there are so many invasive species in our canals. I can literally go to my backyard and catch oscars, jaguars, peacock bass, clown knife, snakeheads, blood parrots and others lol

Thanks dude! Yea i havent been fishing in a while as the summer months usually don't produce as much action here off land.
The cool thing is that in freshwater there are so many invasive species in our canals. I can literally go to my backyard and catch oscars, jaguars, peacock bass, clown knife, snakeheads, blood parrots and others lol
I would keep a locals tank. I have seen some pictures of the pbass and myans they catch out there. Has to be a blast.

Almost bought two new bowls for the baby bettas today but the quality wasn't that good and they had a lot of defects :(

Robert brought home a new baby tonight. Meet Callum. He's a Calico Convict. We haven't released him into the tank just yet.
He was brought home because he was being picked on and probably would have died overnight. He's missing 98% of his left fin and most of his tail.
Hope he does well on Eddie's side of the tank!

callum.jpg

Tank needs some cleaning. The joys of a divider...

Eddie isn't thrilled

IMG_20121109_192749_zps96a77620.jpg

For a new fish, Callum, has been quite the aggressor. He's all over the tank!

IMG_20121109_193110_zps4d10e0f0.jpg

Callum (calico convict) may be going back. He keeps chasing and biting Eddie (electric blue jack dempsey).
They're both the same size, but Callum has been a strong and very active fish since the moment he touched the tank water. He just won't leave Eddie alone :\

Callum (calico convict) may be going back. He keeps chasing and biting Eddie (electric blue jack dempsey).
They're both the same size, but Callum has been a strong and very active fish since the moment he touched the tank water. He just won't leave Eddie alone :\
EBJD are not like there well known JD. They shouldn't be called Jack Dempseys because they will not fight like him. I have a ton of calico convicts so if you want any in the future let me know. I breed them for feeders for my peacock bass.
EBJD are really passive and touchy fish. Very delicate and weak. once they get past 3" they seem to toughen up but no where near the regular JD.
And convicts well they are just beasts for little fish.

EBJD are not like there well known JD. They shouldn't be called Jack Dempseys because they will not fight like him. I have a ton of calico convicts so if you want any in the future let me know. I breed them for feeders for my peacock bass.
EBJD are really passive and touchy fish. Very delicate and weak. once they get past 3" they seem to toughen up but no where near the regular JD.
And convicts well they are just beasts for little fish.

This Convict is just such a busy body and just terrifies the EBJD to the point I find him vertically pressed into the corner of the tank trying to hide. There are plenty of spots in the tank for them to hide but the CC has just claimed everything. The CC has been confined into a breeder net until we can decide what we're doing with him. We can't let him near the 4" golden severum (grew up with 40+ 2" baby firemouths) though, he's become quite aggressive and nearly killed the EBJD when we got him :\ I don't like killing going on. Peaceful tank please!

I would be absolutely devastated if something happened to my EBJD :(

Iknow how you feel. Convicts can hold their own, it may be fine that tank. My suggestion to you would be to drain the tank half way, re decorate and Add the convict while filling up the tank. Also when placing smaller fish in with bigger fish the initial presentation (introduction of new fish to tank) should be quiet. Like put convict in a cup and lower itinto the tank, no darting justlettue fishswim out on its own.

Thing is..he's like 1.5" and the severum is 4"
the cc is already missing his tail and left fin. If the severum chops at his butt..we'll have a dead fish. The EBJD was gently released into the tank when we got him..and he severum removed his tail. I think that the CC might do okay in with the severum as long as it bows down and doesn't mess with him...and the severum doesn't try to treat him like an intruding piece of food.

Robert would rather return the CC to the store than to watch it get attacked/killed in the tank.
...though it was being severely picked on at the fish store.

Back