Post Videos of you driving your car!

Totally legal slow speed limit driving. Two vids, same road, different angle. One from under the bumper one from the rearview mirror.... Just testing out angles and such about a year ago I think.

They both look boring but if you were to break the law a little... its a pretty fun drive. I don't advise camming the "fun shtuff" just in case

mirror mount

Looks like a lot of fun. Is AWD a lot better in snow than FWD? I decided a while ago I'm seriously going to try getting a WRX when I trade my Si in.

Looks like a lot of fun. Is AWD a lot better in snow than FWD? I decided a while ago I'm seriously going to try getting a WRX when I trade my Si in.
AWD > walking > FWD :)

seriously, yes. I have all season tires on there and that's really all that is needed. Last winter my stock car went right through 10" of unplowed hilly roads (with control and traction). I literally plowed my own way. You need to feel AWD in heavy rain as well. I auto-x the WRX and have had runs in rain and through puddles. The only cars to pst fast runs were AWD cars and we're far from the best drivers in the club.

I owned an Si as well ('08 sedan). Where you'll feel a big difference is quick turns (i.e around tight coned course). The Si feels a ton lighter of a car and can really turn in. What the Si is missing is the Tq. Once you get to 3k RPM in the WRX, you are fully spooled and it throws you back into your seat. I believe the WRX is ~1.5 sec faster on a 1/4 mi strip in straight line running. The WRX also feels far more planted than my Si. I am guessing it has to do with the lower center of gravity (boxer engine) and the AWD doing the auto-correct when you enter a corner too fast. hahahah.

AWD > walking > FWD :)

seriously, yes. I have all season tires on there and that's really all that is needed. Last winter my stock car went right through 10" of unplowed hilly roads (with control and traction). I literally plowed my own way. You need to feel AWD in heavy rain as well. I auto-x the WRX and have had runs in rain and through puddles. The only cars to pst fast runs were AWD cars and we're far from the best drivers in the club.

I owned an Si as well ('08 sedan). Where you'll feel a big difference is quick turns (i.e around tight coned course). The Si feels a ton lighter of a car and can really turn in. What the Si is missing is the Tq. Once you get to 3k RPM in the WRX, you are fully spooled and it throws you back into your seat. I believe the WRX is ~1.5 sec faster on a 1/4 mi strip in straight line running. The WRX also feels far more planted than my Si. I am guessing it has to do with the lower center of gravity (boxer engine) and the AWD doing the auto-correct when you enter a corner too fast. hahahah.
Yeah I've been looking for that car that just pulls you back in the seat. My si does pull pretty hard but I rode in a challenger SRT8 (470hp version) and I loved THD way at like 40mph it just pulled you in the seat and didn't let up anytime soon.

Yeah I've been looking for that car that just pulls you back in the seat. My si does pull pretty hard but I rode in a challenger SRT8 (470hp version) and I loved THD way at like 40mph it just pulled you in the seat and didn't let up anytime soon.
It's not about pulling, the WRX is about being able to perform well in multiple arenas (street, track, auto-x, rally-x, snow, rain, puddles, etc). Sure the Hemi cars do well in a straight line when dry. Try them out with wet roads and around corners. ;) How about with 1" of snow on the road .................. (yes, the Charger Hemi can be had in AWD)...... how about at a price tag of $25k

/discussion :D

It's not about pulling, the WRX is about being able to perform well in multiple arenas (street, track, auto-x, rally-x, snow, rain, puddles, etc). Sure the Hemi cars do well in a straight line when dry. Try them out with wet roads and around corners. ;) How about with 1" of snow on the road .................. (yes, the Charger Hemi can be had in AWD)...... how about at a price tag of $25k

/discussion :D
Yeah, I want all that plus the pulling power. That's why I'm looking at the wrx :) my old car was a 2010 charger SXT. It actually didn't handle that bad. It pulled decent also. The Si is a lot more fun to drive. It also pulls harder until about 100 mph. After 100 I think the charger pulled harder. Even with a v6. Only problem, I love my manual tranny and not having a 4k pound boat lol.

Yeah, I want all that plus the pulling power. That's why I'm looking at the wrx :) my old car was a 2010 charger SXT. It actually didn't handle that bad. It pulled decent also. The Si is a lot more fun to drive. It also pulls harder until about 100 mph. After 100 I think the charger pulled harder. Even with a v6. Only problem, I love my manual tranny and not having a 4k pound boat lol.
take the WRX and add ~$3k and you can be (accurate) dyno'd at around 300 hp, 300 TQ (pro tuned), though likely you'll want less for reliability. I believe the stock WRX comes in around 235 hp on the dyno.

take the WRX and add ~$3k and you can be (accurate) dyno'd at around 300 hp, 300 TQ (pro tuned), though likely you'll want less for reliability. I believe the stock WRX comes in around 235 hp on the dyno.
Yeah. My charger was 250 hp and 250 tq, and they generally dyno 180-190 to the wheels. Dunno why that much of a loss but it seems like for next round the wrx is the combo I'm looking for. I would love to take one down a dirt road where I grew up, something I would never do with my Si.

Back