power steering

Thanks for reading. I have a 2013 Civic, that I got in 2016. We've had our ups and downs, mostly ups. Recently, I had an instance of it not starting (naturally, I wasn't home). I waited a minute, and it started. I thought I saw one of the dash lights on, but it didn't stay on and then the car started. The third time it happened, I saw it was the power steering light. So, it doesn't start, light comes on, I wait, it starts. What are we talking about here? Is the whole system going? I'm basically trying to brace myself for how much this is going to cost. I've been taking it to the dealer, but they kinda screwed me just before Christmas in 2019. Female = easy target. I'm not ENTIRELY stupid. I've always had Hondas, except for the yellow Neon...long story. I'm probably going to have to go back to the dealer. I don't know anyone with a Honda who lives near me.

I know that wasn't a lot to go on, I was just hoping for some ideas. Thanks, everyone!!

Thanks for reading. I have a 2013 Civic, that I got in 2016. We've had our ups and downs, mostly ups. Recently, I had an instance of it not starting (naturally, I wasn't home). I waited a minute, and it started. I thought I saw one of the dash lights on, but it didn't stay on and then the car started. The third time it happened, I saw it was the power steering light. So, it doesn't start, light comes on, I wait, it starts. What are we talking about here? Is the whole system going? I'm basically trying to brace myself for how much this is going to cost. I've been taking it to the dealer, but they kinda screwed me just before Christmas in 2019. Female = easy target. I'm not ENTIRELY stupid. I've always had Hondas, except for the yellow Neon...long story. I'm probably going to have to go back to the dealer. I don't know anyone with a Honda who lives near me.

I know that wasn't a lot to go on, I was just hoping for some ideas. Thanks, everyone!!
They are known for having battery issues. I would wager your battery is on its way out. If you have a place like autozone near you they’ll test it for free. If you take a lot of short trips the battery never gets fully recharged. A solution is getting a trickle charger that can fully charge your battery and extend its life. I would start there.

thanks for the quick reply! I had the battery checked right after it did it the first time. there is a guy who pretty much runs a pep boys in the parking lot where I live. he tested it. he said he thought the one connector looked dirty, but that was it.

Back