Power Window Stuck Down

TysonBriggs

Vehicle Model
EX-L
Body Style
Sedan
Ok I am in a tough spot and I have a whole weekend before I can get tot he dealership. My front passenger window went down tonight and never came back up. It is stuck in the down position.

I have checked the fuses under the dash and all are good

The three other windows have not been affected.

When I try both the driver and the passenger door switch it is completely unresponsive. No power draw and no motor noise.

Has anyone had an issue with their window? if so what did you do to remedy?

Verify that the window child lock switch isn't activated on the drivers side? You hear any noise like a motor trying to work when you press the window?

looks like the passenger window is fuse #44 under the dash... that fuse is good?

see if this does anything for you
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Put the intermittent wiper speed dial in the middle position.
3. Turn the ignition on.
This 'resets the brain' and should supposedly fix most power window issues

Hi there. My sister used my car this evening and she told me that she couldn't put the window at the main door up.

I was so mad and I have checked everything; window child lock switch couldn't be activated, there is no light on it. There is no motor noise when I press the window. The other 3 windows are working just fine except for the main door. I am really frustrated and the front driver window will stay down for the whole night!!. Dealership will only be opened tomorrow morning.

I have tried to turn the ignition off, put the intermittent wiper speed dial in the middle position and turn the ignition on. The window is still down and the switch is still unresponsive for the driver's window.

Could anyone assist me on this?

Check fuse 42 in the interior fuse box. It may be blown.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem, no sound nothing just boom stopped working while the window was halfway down

I'm having the same problem, no sound nothing just boom stopped working while the window was halfway down
Did you try the info in the posts above or check the fuses mentioned above?

Back