Prb mani

Slammed _EM1

• What's up guys. I have a friend that has a custom prb manifold bored out to 72mm. He says with this and rdx throttle body it should perform just as good as the rbc in the mid range. If I were to pass 8k then go rbc but I'm only revv to 7600 with a 3.5" custom CAI to vstack,PLM Dp, and #javitune.. Think I should get it, it's basically a gift, or just wait in out and get the rbc

There is no point in swapping the intake manifold unless you are going to install a turbo. You will be sacrificing quite a bit of low and mid range torque for a little more power near redline. The ZDX may net you one or two whp near redline as well.

Also, you won't be going to 8k or above without upgrading the oil pump.

I mean I have ran quite a few rbc swapped rsx, 9th gen si and I beat them on top end by half a car I'm just trying to squeeze in a few more whp..

Did you read the blog post? He even says the stock throttle body isn't a restriction

Seriously read that blog post. Switching to the rbc manifold you lose a lot of bottom and mid range power and gain a negligible amount near redline. When looking at the whole picture the stock manifold performs better. Same pattern with bigger throttle bodies. Also, revving your motor past 7200 rpms isn't benefitting you. This motor is the most efficient at around 4200 rpms and can hold a decent amount of its power until it starts dying off around 6500 rpm. This isn't due to the intake or exhaust restriction. It's due to it being a 2.4 liter engine with a long stroke. It's just not built to be efficient at high rpm's.

i did read the blog post but not all cars run the same.. I'm not saying he's wrong but from what I've seen personally in real life it all depends... I have ran a few 9th gens

Rbc swapped 9th gen street tune:
Both 20 rolls he in front by half a car in 4th I reel him in by half a car and throwing in 5th I'm in front by half a car

Rsx bolt ons and rbc: head on head til top of 5th I get him by half a car 224whp rsx

Here's my graph:

image.jpeg

I think what Ima do is get it and see the difference in between the 2 and post it up I have a friend with a bolt on 9th gen tuned by the same tuner with same mods just he has an exhaust and no matter what we do we stay head on head and do this mod and see how it goes then you guys see the results

Well it depends. All K24Z7 engines do work the same. There are other factors besides the bolt ons. Tires, technique, etc. But if you are talking drag racing then sure. The rbc will help a little because your staying in the top of the rev range. You end up losing a lot of midrange though. So for things like general driving or track use where you use more of the rev range you will be slower. IMO if you want drag racing you got the wrong car all together.

Also your max torque is 175, stock manifold guys are getting to those power levels as well. Your HP is going up because your revving the car higher. Remember, HP is a calculation not a measurement. It's (TQ x RPM)/5252. Torque is the actual measured power output. And referring to the formula the only ways to increase HP is to increase torque or rpm, or both.

Back