Prepare to be 'Humbled'

highplainsdrifter

Illinois
Vehicle Model
Mustang Bullitt
I laughed my *** off the first time I seen this.

"The Humbler is here, this is the way it's going to be baby"

"A new and short-lived option for 1970 was the Vacuum Operated Exhaust (VOE), which was vacuum actuated via an underdash lever marked "EXHAUST." The VOE was designed to reduce exhaust backpressure to increase horsepower and performance, but it also substantially increased exhaust noise."

This commercial aired only once, and it was during the 1970 Superbowl.

So once you 'seen' this, did you go out and buy one for your GTO? (There were cable operated muffler bypasses available as well. J.C. Whitney used to sell them (if you know who that is).

@kgf3076

I meant I laughed when I first seen this YouTube vid, I haven't actually seen one in person.

Don't get me wrong though I'd absolutely love to have a GTO, with the Humbler or not, in fact I'd love to have any make or model of late 60's, early 70's musclecar.

And yes I know about JC Whitney : )

Take care.

@kgf3076

I meant I laughed when I first seen this YouTube vid, I haven't actually seen one in person.

Don't get me wrong though I'd absolutely love to have a GTO, with the Humbler or not, in fact I'd love to have any make or model of late 60's, early 70's musclecar.

And yes I know about JC Whitney : )

Take care.
You must be older than you type :). (Incidentally, I've owned a 56, 57, 58, 60, 62, and 65 Chevy, a 67 Corvette, and a bunch of other assorted and miscellaneous American iron..but then I'm old :)).

Back