Price For The UAE 2012 Civic Clear Projector Headlights

it's a friend of mine, i believe his the only civic hybrid with projectors, so i took a photo & share it with everyone !

Last edited:
are these from a different honda or maybe an acura? or like a japan made civic?> they lok so clean with no ambers, thats what i want so bad

How did they do the wiring? I am confused the indicator is in the DRL position and I don't know what line they used on the UAE indicator... Any one wanna throw me a bone?

I was thinking to split my stock low beam line with the UAE Low beam and DRL and have the UAE indicator to work as the Indicator and parking line, but not sure if I can combine 2 positive lines from the stock indicator socket into one and not cause any fuses to break when wiring the UAE harness. I'm pretty sure the bridge from stock low beams into UAE Low and DRL will work good.

Any opinions?

How did they do the wiring? I am confused the indicator is in the DRL position and I don't know what line they used on the UAE indicator... Any one wanna throw me a bone?

I was thinking to split my stock low beam line with the UAE Low beam and DRL and have the UAE indicator to work as the Indicator and parking line, but not sure if I can combine 2 positive lines from the stock indicator socket into one and not cause any fuses to break when wiring the UAE harness. I'm pretty sure the bridge from stock low beams into UAE Low and DRL will work good.

Any opinions?
Wiring info in this thread
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-oem-halogen-projector-headlights.4834/

The far right light in the video? I don't know what one you're considering as the parking light.

Question, is there a difference between the head lights coming from a 1.8 or a 2.0 civic from Asia or the ones that say HID? I'm going to Asia for a trip and was thinking about picking up a set for a dealership. They told me that the 2.0 civic (I think its the Mugen) head lights will not fit. Not sure if they will, and I am planning on putting in plug and play HID's inside the head lights that I'm picking up. So, would it even matter if I get the HID ones?

The type s was designed with hid projectors so they would have better output versus sticking hid bulbs in halogen projectors. The bulbs emit light differently, so the hid projectors are specifically tuned for hid bulbs and vice versa.

Is this a crazy price, I had my coworker that I'm going to be training when I go to Asia find out the prices for me. Just the standard head lights convert to 650 USD for one light. Am I crazy or is that a lot for just one head light?

guess it depends on how much you want them? You can have custom retrofit work done by a 3rd party for way less than that. You could have s2000 projectors, ballasts, bulbs, labor etc for less expense. I'd go that route, and you wouldn't even have to spend that much. The mini h1 is a relatively easy retrofit projector with pretty impressive output for about 1/3rd the price of s2k projectors.

examples
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/hid-projectors-compared-round-2.7652/

I think Type-S headlights are D4S and OEM CR-Z ballast will fit the bootm?

Is this a crazy price, I had my coworker that I'm going to be training when I go to Asia find out the prices for me. Just the standard head lights convert to 650 USD for one light. Am I crazy or is that a lot for just one head light?

Way too much money just for 1 side only. If that was the price for both of them it would be a bit better.

Back