DIY PRL CAI for Stock Manifold w/ Battery Relocation

Hopefully i don't round it off enough to need to cut the line. I'd hate to have to get it to a shop for an intake install...
If the wrench already slipped, heat isn't prob going to help. I mean, it will help, but you will prob have to turn it off with a pair of vise grips.

They make a locking type for bolts that may be needed since yours is rounded. They have 4", 7" and 10" versions of it. They're extremely helpful. I have some that I use all the time. I'm sure a hardware store would carry them as well. Heat + a vise grip of some type is prob the solution.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Tools-VISE-GRIP-Locking-Wrench-Cutter/dp/B00004SBBD?th=1

Any concerns about the battery being so low? I get flash floods where I live. I'm going with the SRI, but I like the idea of it being a faux CAI

Any concerns about the battery being so low? I get flash floods where I live. I'm going with the SRI, but I like the idea of it being a faux CAI
If you've got water up to where your headlights are, you've got other problems....like the inside of your car completely flooded.

It appears that the battery terminals are at the bottom of the headlight roughly. Again, you'd have water pouring into your doors at even like a foot of water. The car would be totaled by insurance. I know a guy who bought a bunch of civics that were flooded. The whole wiring harness/electrical system has to be replaced when that happens. Insurance totals it out. He rips out the carpets/seats and rewires the whole car. Sells them as salvaged.

A foot of water will float many vehicles. - Two feet of rushing water will carry away most vehicles, including SUVs, pickups and even busses.

Finally had my intake installed by a real pro who had a few spare metal clutch lines.

He was a bit puzzled at first by the complexity of the install but he didn't bother with it for long.

Back