PRL RBC In Black Wrinkle to Match 3.5 inch CAI

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I'm wondering how hot the intake mainfold will get at its hottest in the summer, say a 100* day. Would VHT Wrinkle paint, good for 350* be ok, or should I shop around for hotter paint? I think the black wrinkle finish would look good on that, let's face it, not great-looking manifold. The oem plastic one looks better to my eye.

What do you think? And feel free to say what you really think about my idea.
Before the CAI:
Engine Bay.jpg

AFter the new CAI:

RickdCAI2.jpg

I wouldn't choose the wrinkle paint since the RBC manifold has that wrinkle rugged finish to it. A high heat VHT Engine Enamel (550F) black paint will be a better choice IMO. And the VHT Wrinkle Plus paints are okay with engine heat. I have my valve cover painted using the Wrinkle plus paint.

If you still end up leaning with the wrinkle black paint, they will be fine to use. They have a relatively good heat resistance.

It may turn out that normal paint will smooth the wrinkled surface of the rbc, depending on the amounts of coating used. The VHT wrinkle may be a better choice.

I wouldn't choose the wrinkle paint since the RBC manifold has that wrinkle rugged finish to it. A high heat VHT Engine Enamel (550F) black paint will be a better choice IMO. And the VHT Wrinkle Plus paints are okay with engine heat. I have my valve cover painted using the Wrinkle plus paint.

If you still end up leaning with the wrinkle black paint, they will be fine to use. They have a relatively good heat resistance.
:pout::sadbanana:

JK. That's a good point about the RBC rough texture. I haven't seen my RBC yet, get it tomorrow.

Yeah, you posted it while I was selecting the most pathetic emoticons I could find :rotfl:.

@axion_industries

I didn't see anything on your site that relates to this thread, maybe I missed it. Can you post a link to wrinkled items? Thx.

Back