Push-button start...

Do you still have to turn your key on our did you replace that functionality with the button?

:driving: Yes. I don't want anyone jumping in my car and taking off with my car. So I always make sure I lock the steering wheel when I get outta my car.. That way, I get in, put the key in, turn on the car while it unlocks the steering wheel and press the start button.

Can your car still be started with the key? Also when using the button, does any of the "won't start unless" features bypassed, like clutch in, or in neutral type stuff?

Can your car still be started with the key? Also when using the button, does any of the "won't start unless" features bypassed, like clutch in, or in neutral type stuff?
Yep. It works perfectly fine with the key and not pushing the button. I was considering bypassing the clutch but my shop was closing so I hurried up. :wave: :wave:

I did the same a few years back to my Miata .
IMG_1016.jpg

:driving: Yes. I don't want anyone jumping in my car and taking off with my car. So I always make sure I lock the steering wheel when I get outta my car.. That way, I get in, put the key in, turn on the car while it unlocks the steering wheel and press the start button.

Im not sure im understanding this, what do you mean by steering wheel lock?

^ similar to some other countries as well. A lot of people import the projector/hid headlights and install them in the US based civic.

found another pic of the version found in russia - the far left looks to control fog lights or something

russia.jpg

Wow, you guys got a lot more bells and whistles for the 2012 over there. Thanks for the photos!

Back