Push Start pin diagram

JDM4U

Miami, Fl
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the push start button for the 14-15 Si, same button found on the 9th gen accords as well as other models.

Part number 35881-TR0-D02

This button has 9 pins in the back, 5 on the top row and 4 on the lower, leaving the middle empty.

I'm looking to find out what each pin does. I'm attempting to install on my 2013 Si. I understand the 14-15 have keyless entry and a key fob and such, which mine doesn't, so I want to know which pins I can avoid connecting for those features. I just want to know the equivalent pins to the S2000 push start button so I can have an S2000 push start functionality out of a 9th gen Si button. I found a seller on eBay that sells a connector pigtail for this button, so If anyone has a wiring diagram or know what each pin does, I would greatly appreciate it!

I’ve not seen anyone try this or post wiring info. You can access all of the wiring info directly from Honda if you’d like.

Depending how you go it's more than just the push button, theres the immobilizer too in the key which you can always leave a key in the steering column but then anyone can steal the car, or fumble with the key in your hand and press the push to start... You may be able to retrofit the key sense sensor too but I would say go aftermarket if you go that far... People even made rings with their key immobilizer chip so they can bypass the immobilizer... but when I took apart my 2015 key its all hardwired, 2012 had a chip...

Might be better getting an aftermarket push button system, I was looking back in the day and they had their own key fobs and you installed the sensor near the driver's seat and some even have a knock keypad to enter your car if the key fob ever failed. It even locked or unlocked the car when you get close to the car so you just really leave the fob in your pocket. The push to start is a cover that goes over the key hole or you can mount it anywhere I suppose. Unfortunately I don't remember the brand but I'm sure you can fund one with these features.

Depending how you go it's more than just the push button, theres the immobilizer too in the key which you can always leave a key in the steering column but then anyone can steal the car, or fumble with the key in your hand and press the push to start... You may be able to retrofit the key sense sensor too but I would say go aftermarket if you go that far... People even made rings with their key immobilizer chip so they can bypass the immobilizer... but when I took apart my 2015 key its all hardwired, 2012 had a chip...

Might be better getting an aftermarket push button system, I was looking back in the day and they had their own key fobs and you installed the sensor near the driver's seat and some even have a knock keypad to enter your car if the key fob ever failed. It even locked or unlocked the car when you get close to the car so you just really leave the fob in your pocket. The push to start is a cover that goes over the key hole or you can mount it anywhere I suppose. Unfortunately I don't remember the brand but I'm sure you can fund one with these features.
Yeah I read about the immobilizer as well which is why I'm trying to find a pin diagram so I can just avoid wiring the pin for the immobilizer, I've read a post here that someone was able to install an s2000 push start on a 2013, which still requires the key turn, using the wiring diagram from an 8th gen since its practically the same to the 12-13. That's what I'm trying to do since I already have the dash piece and push start button. As long as I can find out which pins on the 14-15 push start are equivalent to the s2000 push start, I could probably get away with just connecting those. I don't think the push start itself is hardwired to immobilize.

Well I was able to find a diagram finally thanks to a friend of mine. Can anyone help me figure out what each connection would be for?

Pin Diagram

I was also provided this, which I'm assuming is how to wire it up

Wiring Diagram

Now, I'm not looking to have the keyless access control unit, since I have a 2013. I'm just trying to have it work like an S2000 button does. Any advice would be helpful.

Well gave up on the 14-15 button, seems like it requires other parts that are not worth the trouble getting, so instead got an s2k button instead and had it installed. Here's a clip.

Back