Q300 catback and rv6 catted combo or a UR downpipe and cat back.

any one with a cnt catted down pipe?

CNT Racing is where I got my Tsudo from, so from what I can guess, they probably have some solid downpipes, too. For the price, I'd go for it.

?
CNT Racing is where I got my Tsudo from, so from what I can guess, they probably have some solid downpipes, too. For the price, I'd go for it.
It's almost half off the name brand downpipe's-. I just think of my srt-4 exhaust which is less noisy than stock, which has a custom exhaust with a no name catted down pipe-I also have a non cat down pipe, but I like the catted version better. One thing about the cnt down +pipe- it necks down from 3" to 2.75 which would perfectly match a q300 exhaust. $290 downpipe+ q300 $519=$809 for a full exhaust good for 300HP which isn't going to happen without FI. A rmm is like 134$ maybe get the top one $99 too and how about the tranny mount? The CNT should add a little more power than the rv6 at 2/3 price. I like watching man vs Bear 800 pds-not a even match LOL.:paper:

Ha! Well if the numbers turn out the same, I'd try the CNT. The only thing I'd warn is that the muffler shop did tell me that 'cheaper' piping is made of 'metalloid' compounds, so it melts REALLY quick if you try to do any modifications to it if it doesn't fit just right.

so what is the cnt made of, I thought it was 304 stainless.

rmm is worth a look. the catback has too small pipes. I got a few months before I need downpipe and exhaust. Seeing this is best best way to make a few more HP.

Ha! Well if the numbers turn out the same, I'd try the CNT. The only thing I'd warn is that the muffler shop did tell me that 'cheaper' piping is made of 'metalloid' compounds, so it melts REALLY quick if you try to do any modifications to it if it doesn't fit just right.
I don't like anything muffler shops have-that's stuff is rubbish. I have seen metalloid piping and its junk and heavy too. This doesn't have anything to do with cnt as its SS 304. I guess, I keep searching, but it seems the cnt downpipe will work pretty good and cost less than more name brand pipes. Nobody is going to see the downpipe except me. the cnt dowpipe fits 2.5- 2.75 cat backs that means the oem cat back should work maybe. It looking like I should get this catted down pipe as its specs are excellent and excellent priced. CNT will flow better than a rv6-2.5 vs a neck down cnt 3" to 2.64 flange. I don't know if I really like this pipe or not-Have to do some more research. For $1200 I could get a Full race catted downpipe and vband exhaust seems like something I would like. I don't want to do this twice, the cnt necks down to 2.64 inches that not good, a full 3" would work much better. Hard motion seems to be a good store-I want to call them.

Last edited:
I don't know what muffler shops you have near you but all the ones I have been around have nice stuff. One shop near me made a custom exhaust that was made from 304 and I could have gotten titanium if I wanted or any metal.

If you want a cheap exhaust you can't be picky people across the whole forum has given you the best option with dino results, I even give you a website with contact information of someone who can give you a deal on a bundle. You ignore any advice anyone gives you and tell them otherwise even though that person used that product. Choose what ever you want.

good idea. I didn't like the cheapo cnt , it was just cheaply made but might actually work well-I still like it.
Hmm:lildevil:

I don't know what muffler shops you have near you but all the ones I have been around have nice stuff. One shop near me made a custom exhaust that was made from 304 and I could have gotten titanium if I wanted or any metal.

If you want a cheap exhaust you can't be picky people across the whole forum has given you the best option with dino results, I even give you a website with contact information of someone who can give you a deal on a bundle. You ignore any advice anyone gives you and tell them otherwise even though that person used that product. Choose what ever you want.

This kinda hit the nail on the head, really. There's tons of options laid out on this thread, the only step left is to choose.

I went for the only cnt bellmouth v2 metal race 200 catted downpipe in stock, it ends up being 3" piping into a 67mm flange or 2.64inch and is made to hook up to 2.5 or 2.75 catback--$290 shipped-I think this is a outstanding deal- may go with a q300 exhaust later on. I want to keep the car not too noisy. This downpipe is like in between a rv6 and a full race which is the only one I could find-no 2.75 down pipes-this one CNT is most like that. So one cnt bellmouth v2 on the way$290 shipped, it should bolt right up to the stock exhaust and fit a Q300 exhaust for sure 2.75. :dancing::ownedrun::spazface:

What are you talking about now?

The Skunk2, Full-Race, RV6, PLM, Axion, UR, Buddy club, Ktuned, Tsudo and other downpipes ALL bolt up to the factory exhaust system and will bolt up to the Skunk2, Full-Race, Invidia, MAP, GReady, Yonaka, flow masters, Ktuned, DNA, Buddy club and so on exhaust system.

They make the exhaust to bolt up to the factory manifold and the aftermarket manifold to the factory exhaust.

:bananawhipdance:well looks like I can't screw it up then. It looks very close to a Full race that cost twice as much.. The down pipe is in stock coming from CA. well see how good it is.:shady:

Last edited:
I didn't want to buy a $600 pipe when a $290- from CA who bans this part,:brock: would do the same thing. A cheapo hooker does the same thing except the face:omg::lildevil::iough:

Last edited:
Could a paint job on the down pipe do anything? Just wonder if some kind of spray might help it on rust and maybe noise?:badger:
Just a idea because sometimes people buy coated downpipes?:confuzzled::confuzzled::confuzzled::confuzzled:

You are complaining about paying 500$ for a downpipe and are asking about a ceramic coating?

There is more to it than buying a cheap can of ceramic spray. It will help it last longer and keep the heat down but it is not going to make it sound different.

well maybe a can would cover the whole pipe. It is a interesting idea, why pay $110 for ceramic coating when a can cost $15. I wonder if it helps at all, keeping rust away.

Back