r18 8thgen turbo

kurodragon

FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE GONNA SAY THAT ITS STUPID OR SHOULD'VE GOTTEN A SI OR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE TO THIS STAY OUT. I was just wondering if the 8thgen r18 turbo with work with the 9thgen r18s

it'll require something for tuning the ecu. Hondata has not released full tuning for the SI yet, but it is speculated to be available next month. I don't know if they've done any work on the 2012 r18 engine yet. There are some differences between the 8th/9th r18 gen motor & ecu.

well, there are differences between the 8th/9th gen r18 engine. I can't say that an 8th kit will bolt right up, as I haven't seen anyone test fit anything. Tuning is going to be the largest hurdle until someone provides tuning though. Hondata just released flashpro for the si.

webby yeah i know there have been a little changes but from seeing the R18A1 part list thread it shows the turbos so i just want to know if the r18Z1 is able to use it aside from the tuning

Full Race has confirmed it will bolt to the 9th r18 and they are just waiting for a tuning solution.

Full Race has confirmed it will bolt to the 9th r18 and they are just waiting for a tuning solution.
I noticed this thread was really old, do you know if this is still true?

it should, but you could give them a call
Full-Race is open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM MST (Arizona Time)
Sales » (866) FULL-RACE

they may even have some input on hondata for the r18

Just called Full-Race a minute ago, they said that their turbos for the 8th gens will NOT fit in the 2012. Didn't ask anything about hondata though.
It makes sense considering the 8th gen R18 is alot different form the 9th gen R18 but still....... :(

and you specified the r18 right?
Yeah, at first i forgot to specify and just asked if an 8th gen work for a 9th gen and he said "we have one for the 2012" so I got all excited and happy...... Then I remembered to tell him I was asking about the LX and he double checked and said it wouldn't work for the R18

Back