r18 exhaust questions

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
ok ive been reading this section of the forum for a while and doing a little research but still have a couple questions. first has anyone tried an 8gen axelback on our 9gens? also i want something that looks stock so do you guys have anything that sounds real good with a smaller tip?

thanks in advance guys :)

Or if you want everyone trying to race you put an Si axel back with the tip and de badge your car :D

yeah have you heard it? my buddy showed me a video on youtube i cant find it though and it sounded pretty good but i was hoping for someone who has done this to chime in. and for the tip i plan on replacing it with one off like a pilot or something.

yup it does get old after awhile I have encountered at least 10 people this week wanting to race. I just got off of work was just ready 2 go home each time.

I havent heard it. I would imagine it sounds like a normal r18 just a little louder. Sound doesn't really change until you get different piping and start doing stuff like deleting the resonator and cat.

yeah have you heard it? my buddy showed me a video on youtube i cant find it though and it sounded pretty good but i was hoping for someone who has done this to chime in. and for the tip i plan on replacing it with one off like a pilot or something.

I have an 8th gen Si axle back on my LX. It sounds a slightly deeper which is nice. It also adds to the looks of the rear of the car. This is not my video, but it sounds like this:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZysBi95RrE

And if you plan on doing the 8th gen Si axle back, both the coupe and sedan are the same - My 8th gen axle back is off a coupe.

thanks chris are you happy with it?

Check out the 9thcivic tail of the dragon exhaust video, there is video of my exhaust on it...

I love my SI axle back as well

Hahah so funny. I run the same thing. Si axle back on my LX. I really only hear it on startup. I got it for looks and ease of fitment. (the price was right too. $100 w/gasket)

yeah what did you put in i throw in like 09 si civic exhaust and nothing comes back

Back