R18 P0400 EGR "A" Flow

stevenlyyy

Rosemead, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
I have a 13' R18 Civic and just yesterday i personally installed an RV6 DP and uploaded the starting calibration that Vit sent over for me. Everything seems to be working fine until about 30-40 mins into driving i get a CEL. The code comes up for P0400 EGR "A" Flow just as the title states. I cleared the code to make sure it wasn't some fluke and sure enough about another 30-40 minutes into driving the code re-appears. I'm not too concerned about it as im fairly sure it has something to do with the tune as this code never appeared when I was on a stock tune, if my EGR passages were really clogged it would have threw a code on a stock tune as well. Just wanted to see if anyone has ever had this problem before, for now im just waiting for Vit to return and see what he thinks about it. thank you in advanced !

That code hasn't been posted here before, so that's a new one. We don't have many r18 owners who bought flashpro though, so that doesn't help. I know a handful who went with ktuner since it was cheaper. Let us know what vit says, but I'm sure it's related to the basemap he sent.

I was about to go with KTuner as well but I wanted Vit to tune my vehicle and it was only possible with FlashPro as of now. I will keep you guys updated ! Thanks webby for the quick reply as always !

As we assumed it was a problem with the base map as soon as I notified Vit within the next calibration he said he would kill the code !
I'm running into the same issue currently and I need to be able to pass deq so I can't turn off the egr to eliminate the cel. If you have any more info or help I would greatly appreciate it.
David

I'm running into the same issue currently and I need to be able to pass deq so I can't turn off the egr to eliminate the cel. If you have any more info or help I would greatly appreciate it.
David
Do you have an aftermarket downpipe? It seems to be very hard to pass any kind of emissions, may have to return to stock as a last resort...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you have an aftermarket downpipe? It seems to be very hard to pass any kind of emissions, may have to return to stock as a last resort...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes, I have an Rv6 catted downpipe. I did the Rv6 then had a hondata tune and that's when the cel came on. I will try going back to stock. Thanks

Yes, I have an Rv6 catted downpipe. I did the Rv6 then had a hondata tune and that's when the cel came on. I will try going back to stock. Thanks
So I kept the Rv6 header and reset my ecu to stock with the hondata and that resolved the cel and p0400 error. I was able to pass deq. I'm guessing at this point it is an issue with the base map causing the cel.

software problem no big deal, Honda's are extremely sensitive-don't mess with me honda. SRT-4 says check engine light been on for 8yrs-dodge fix a half cent piece of black tape, works every time:rotfl:

So I kept the Rv6 header and reset my ecu to stock with the hondata and that resolved the cel and p0400 error. I was able to pass deq. I'm guessing at this point it is an issue with the base map causing the cel.
nice so you didnt have to go back to the stock cat, just back to the stock flash and it passed !

Back