RBC/ZDX t/b and now have CEL for idle learn procedure

FXRob

Riverside
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Just installed my RBC manifold and ZDX t/b with the PRL kit. Started it up and everything was fine until I made a few small revs and then I got 4 codes relating to t/b out of range, idle too high, idle learn procedure not complete etc. I'm cooling the engine off again now and am going to restart it and just let it idle for 15 minutes to see if the computer will relearn the idle. Anyone know the exact procedure for the idle learn process?

Disconnect battery, wait 10 minutes, connect battery, start it up and don't touch it for 10-15 minutes

No dice, cleared codes, disconnected battery for 15 min......started it up and within about 45 seconds it starts throwing codes and goes into limp mode. I may try the stock t/b and see if that fixes it.

Do you have flashpro? I think you need fp to run the rbc.

Wow, you can actually hear vtec now and man the intake is WAY louder above the vtec crossover! Dyno appt is this Friday.

Wow, you can actually hear vtec now and man the intake is WAY louder above the vtec crossover! Dyno appt is this Friday.

cant wait to see the results, glad you figured it out

Good, you figured it out. I would've just suggested what you ended up doing anyway. Whenever I upload a tune from FlashPro, I always wait a few seconds after it's totally done with the process before I turn the key back to the off position, then I wait a few more seconds before I do anything else. Is it necessary? Probably not. But it makes me feel safer and I haven't had any problems yet.

I put just a little bit of Hondabond on both sides of the gasket around the water hole just to make sure it doesn't leak coolant.

He hasn't been on in 2yrs. I'm guessing he just meant loaded the tune/map again. Or load the reflash map and then load his custom tune again. You need a tune to run the rbc manifold.

Back