Re: Warranty

Lindsaysarah

This might be a stupid question but here it goes anyways haha. I have a 2014 Si Sedan and for the last few months the screen has been acting funny. My Bluetooth randomly stopped working and it keeps freezing and restarting. I also hear a crazy feedback noise in my speakers constantly even when the audio is off. I'm bringing it in to my local Honda dealership (which is not where I purchased it from) so my question is if I have an aftermarket intake on my car is there a database they will enter that information to so that they know my warranty is void? Should I put the stock intake back on before I bring it in? I don't really want to have to do that because it's a hassle but since I paid for the extended warranty I'm not really trying to void it when it only has 9k on it. Thanks!!

They won't be messing with your intake when looking at your bluetooth. You'll be fine. The intake won't void your car warranty anyway.

It's the entire system that they will be looking at. The guy at the dealership told me it sounds like it has some sort of electrical problem. I'm assuming they will probably be looking under the hood at some point. And you're positive that putting an aftermarket intake on it won't mess with my warranty?

The only why any warranty could be void by an aftermarket part is if they can prove without a doubt the aftermarket part caused the warranty work they are performing.

An intake isn't going to make your bluetooth malfunction. An intake could be blamed for a hydrolocked motor. If you went in after sucking water into your engine from an aftermarket intake.... they're not going to give you a new engine for free/under warranty. That's when your warranty comes into play. They wouldn't void the whole car warranty over one part. It's like going in with an aftermarket suspension with a blown strut. They aren't going to void your engine warranty over a blown strut. They just won't give you a new strut under warranty.

Back