Rear Sway Bar Bushing Upgrade

Jumping on this convo as well.
After installing my Progress 24mm and having it on for a week I am hearing the "Clunk" noise and some rattling.
I did use the reinforcementbrackets that came with the kit. Also I use the end links that came with the kit.
Any suggestions?

I have the MOOG end links as well and it still is clunking when I hit bumps. I took it to a shop and they couldn't see anything wrong. I might have to jack it up myself and tighten any bolt I can find. I even went as far as wrapping my exhaust with heat wrap after a suggestion that he heat was affecting the rubber in the end links.

OK, I have to ask cuz this is driving me crazy.
Can you describe what the "clunk" sounds like? Mine sounds like the top of a jar when the seal is broken. I remember playing with the lids of the baby food jars when my kids were little and popping them in and out if you get me drift only it's a slightly deeper sound on the car. I only notice it when I'm going slow.

The frustrating part is that I've triple checked everything to make sure something hasn't come lose and everything is tight.
The odd time when I drive into a driveway or entranceway that is a little steep I go on an angle and I go slow because my car is lowered so the suspension is compressed at different times. When I do that, again the odd time, the rear end makes what sounds like a springing noise. Kind of like a spring is being twanged.
When I install my progress RSB and the Moog bushings and end links I will have another look but this noise stuff makes me mental.

Check the bushing where the bar bolts to the car. Sometimes those bolts back out a little bit. Also, it is possible to put the bar on the wrong direction which will cause clunking. I know it sounds impossible but the bar will "fit" the wrong way and cause all sorts of clunk noises. If its only a couple here and there then I am at a loss. Pull the brackets and grease the bushings where the bar bolts to the car?

Check the bushing where the bar bolts to the car. Sometimes those bolts back out a little bit. Also, it is possible to put the bar on the wrong direction which will cause clunking. I know it sounds impossible but the bar will "fit" the wrong way and cause all sorts of clunk noises. If its only a couple here and there then I am at a loss. Pull the brackets and grease the bushings where the bar bolts to the car?
This is EXACTLY what my "clunck" problem is. Long story short: I'm currently taking some ASE certification required courses at a local college (Parkland College), and one of the required courses which I needed (Shop Operations, which is odd being I'm a parts counter guy, but oh well) I had two classmates that work for Nissan that needed shop hours for the class and asked if they could install my rsb (which Alldata states is a 3.5 hr job) being they knew I had all the parts and was going to do the install anyways. I figured what heck, couldn't hurt being they work for a dealership they should know what they're doing, right? Wrong! Idiots put the bar in upside-down, which was hard to actually tell right off the bat until I put my Si back on a lift to tack on the reinforcement plates offered in the Progress kit. The rsb is secure along with all the Moog parts, but being it was installed upside-down, it's now bumping into my SPC control arms as well as my H&R Springs everytime I hit a bump. SMDH
This is why I always do my own work, no matter what mechanical background the tech may have, it doesn't always mean they know what hell they're doing.

So, for you people still getting the "clunk", just verify that your rsb is actually right-side up.

Reactions: Nix
Quick question, did everyone put their plastic covers back on, or did you just left them off? I personally find them to be a major pita to take off/on.

Mine is on, but if I have to take it off again it may not be so lucky....
Hey, try tightening all the bolts on a load. I eventually found that my noise was a nut not being tight enough because it wasn't loaded properly. Lift the rear end and place them on blocks or something with the wheels on, or essentially have the car on ramps if you could. It will help getting under there and tightening it down with the sizing which i forgot. Hope this helps.

UPDATE

Herd a clunking this morning once more after jacking the car up i found a bolt lose. The bolt holding the driver side sway bar bushing had worked its way loose. Thankfully I was able to tighten the bolt without damage.

UPDATE

Herd a clunking this morning once more after jacking the car up i found a bolt lose. The bolt holding the driver side sway bar bushing had worked its way loose. Thankfully I was able to tighten the bolt without damage.
Are the bolts torqued to spec?

Has anybody's sway bar u bracket broke before? Not sure what's the case for me but mine is broken o.o

Dang really? When did you install them?

Back