Rebuilding crashed civic! Need help

Patrik

Los Angeles ca
Vehicle Model
Civic ex
Body Style
Sedan
I got in a car accident and only have liability on my 2013 civic. I want to rebuild the car because it still runs. From what I know just the radiator is the only mechanical thing that got damaged. I definitely need a new one. What should I get started with? What part should I order first?

Attachments

• IMG_2440.JPG
    IMG_2440.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 87
Have you had it inspected for any other damage that might not be obvious? Like the frame or subframe damage.

This can't be serious. You have substantial damage to the whole front end of your car and engine bay. How do you plan to mount a radiator when the whole front is smashed? I wouldn't be surprised if you had 5-7 grand or more in damage there from just seeing the pic. Take it to a repair shop. They can print an invoice/quote on parts and labor from what they can visually see damaged.

If you want to buy parts, you can price oem Honda stuff at collegehillshondaparts.com. It'll be cheaper than what a collision center will charge on their quote.

Wow, that looks like way more than just a "radiator". Dude that whole upper support is wrecked. So is the crash bar in the front. What sort of insurance do you have that they didn't total it out for you... ugh sounds like "The General" at work.

In any case, AHparts.com has a lot of OEM stuff off other wrecked cars. I bet you can get a ton of stuff from those guys. If they don't have it listed, just call them. They will pull any single clip, bolt, and panel that you need. They are located in CA and shipping should be very reasonable. I ordered over 200lbs of stuff from them to the East coast and it was very affordable. CHH has new OEM stuff but if you just need bits here and there, check AHparts.

I have progressive. The insurance does not want to look at my car because I only have liability insurance so they said they won't check if it's totaled or not. So the damaged stopped at the radiator. Starter isn't touched, alternator is fine, belts are fine. It's just the frame and any exterior parts of the front are damaged.

I was wondering what this part is called. I've been trying to look for it

Attachments

• IMG_2440.JPG
    IMG_2440.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 32
i suspect this car is totaled if it goes through the insurance. This appears to be a 8K+ repair and you have a civic ex. I think the insurance will write it off....

i suspect this car is totaled if it goes through the insurance. This appears to be a 8K+ repair and you have a civic ex. I think the insurance will write it off....
Liability insurance doesn't cover damage to your own car. It only covers damages you cause to someone you hit. Insurance won't do anything for his car.

The amount of damage on your car would definitely total it if you had comprehensive or collision coverage. I would definitely have a shop write up an estimate for you so you have a good idea on what parts you're going to expect to buy if you plan on repairing it yourself. Keep in mind that the estimate won't be all inclusive without a tear down and most shops won't do that without having you pay for a tear down and possibly to put it back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back