Remote starter Honda Civic 2012

markie grayon

need help! I successfully installed an Avital 4103 remote starter with a PKALL bypass module. I'm running into a problem. When I go to remote start my car, the alarm goes off. I know there's a factory arm and disarm but I don't know how to wire it. Do I need a relay? I tried wiring directly from the 4103 to the disarm wire. No luck.

Any idea? Thanks guys!

I'm an autotech at Bestbuy and I've seen this happen a couple times, if I remember correctly you just have to wire the status output of your remote start to the disarm wire in the vehicle but I will double check when I get to work.

I'm an autotech at Bestbuy and I've seen this happen a couple times, if I remember correctly you just have to wire the status output of your remote start to the disarm wire in the vehicle but I will double check when I get to work.

Stephen. Thanks I actually figured it out! You're right.

On another note - Would you happen to know where I can located my honda civic 2012 lx coupe TACH wire? Pic would help A LOT. Thanks again man!

I'll check directechs when I get to work and I'll post the tach wire info. We use the idatalink AL-CA at my shop and It was capable of doing tach over data with my 2012 civic.

I forgot to check directechs today at work. I was stuck in a remote start install on an Infiniti Q50 :/
If I remember correctly the tach wire is any wire that is not yellow on any of your coils. If you have a DMM, find a wire on your coils that puts out AC voltage when the car is running

I forgot to check directechs today at work. I was stuck in a remote start install on an Infiniti Q50 :/
If I remember correctly the tach wire is any wire that is not yellow on any of your coils. If you have a DMM, find a wire on your coils that puts out AC voltage when the car is running

I actually just tapped off one of the fuel injectors. It works!!!!!! She's alive!!!! Finally. Lol thanks man!

Thanks @webby !

Back